Here come the Bosox!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
As the pennant race comes into the final stretch, the Red Sox appear to be hot on the Yankees tails. Should make for some interesting baseball theater with the Sox and Yanks sqauring off in a pair of three game sets in September. End result will have the Yanks as division champs and the Sox as the wild card winners. Assuming the two teams meet in the playoffs, Yanks are an automatic favorite with the much stronger bullpen and deeper bench.

On a side note, who agrees that the Sox are much better without crybaby Nomahhh?

Larry

bill p

Aug 18, 2003
red sox

Larry said:
As the pennant race comes into the final stretch, the Red Sox appear to be hot on the Yankees tails. Should make for some interesting baseball theater with the Sox and Yanks sqauring off in a pair of three game sets in September. End result will have the Yanks as division champs and the Sox as the wild card winners. Assuming the two teams meet in the playoffs, Yanks are an automatic favorite with the much stronger bullpen and deeper bench.

On a side note, who agrees that the Sox are much better without crybaby Nomahhh?

Larry
go red sox yanks r done

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
My dear friend

Larry said:

On a side note, who agrees that the Sox are much better without crybaby Nomahhh? Larry

I strongly disagree; the Saaaaaawwx have a much stronger bench and a better bullpen, sans Mariano Rivera, but Foulke is certainly no liability.

Shall we go over the benches? I'll gladly give you the run down head to head, it's not that close, and they certainly are not automatic.

Sox have a much stronger starting rotation on paper, and with the momentum they are currently carrying, well, I'm not sure how you come up with your viewpoint.

The Sox gave up something like 80 unearned runs the fist half of the season, since the trade they've given up 7? Something like that, so yes, they are much much better off with out Nomaaaah.

The MVP race is going to be interesting too. Planet Manny - the Dominican Dandy - is going to claim the crown this year, or perhaps my favorite, Vlady Guerrero - if the Angels get into the playoffs.

Here's an article about the MVP race between Sheffield and Planet Manny.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Cleef, I know that you are a typical Red Sox fan because you want to compare who looks better "on paper" (your words). Sox fans have been so deprived of winning over the years that they are reduced to looking at a piece of paper and from reading it, think they can tell which team would win. No matter how many RBI's Manny drives in or how many guys Pedro strikes out, neither of them have the gumption to win. You have one true winner on your team and that is Curt Schilling. The Yankees, on the other hand, are chock full of winners. They are chock full of proven winners. They have been there,done that and got the T-Shirts to prove it.

Back to your sheet of paper Cleef.........Red Sox fans will be forced to continue their suffering.

Larry

puropapi3

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 1, 2004
Yankee Haters: Dont Get Me Started

Larry said:

Larry

I am a crazed Yankee fan so i hope people dont get me started with ignorant Red Sox/Yanks comments, because if i have to i will write a novel on this site. I'll put a couple of hours aside to type it all so dont start.

As for the Nomar question:
There is no doubt that the Red Sox are playing better without Namar because they got good players in return but think about this: Nomar virtually got slapped in the face after all those trade rumors for A-Rod after all he did for the Bo Sox. He has been "The Man" in Boston. He is to Boston what Jeter is to us New Yorkers and thats a leader/veteran since '96 and '97. I know he is pissed off about it and its hard to hide that. How do you bounce back in an atmosphere like that. The Red Sox did him dirty after all that he's been to them.

I know hes doing good in Chicago but at least the Cubs are also contenders and i wish him the best.

puropapi3

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 1, 2004
Yanks are lookin fine.

bill p said:
go red sox yanks r done

Yanks are not done. They havnt been playing too well and the Red Sox have been on fire so they caught up. If anything I think its good for the Yanks. It woke them up to get it going. You can make fun about the Yanks beatdown from the Indians but please note this:

Last year when the Yanks started struggling mid-season and they hit rock-bottom when they got no-hit by the Astros by 6 different pitchers, After that game they had the best record in baseball. And as of now the Yanks just beat the Indians and its their second win in a row after that humiliating loss. The pitching was great and the hitting was on point.

Note: Steve Karsay came back in relief tonight in the 9th and pitched well( execpt for a 1st pitch HR given up but it was a ball down the middle that he just wanted to throw a strike) and all his pitches were moving and he had good speed. If he keeps going like that our bullpen will get an upgrade and help Gordon and Quantrill out. Hey will be key in the playoffs.

puropapi3

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 1, 2004

Larry said:
Cleef, I know that you are a typical Red Sox fan because you want to compare who looks better "on paper" (your words). Sox fans have been so deprived of winning over the years that they are reduced to looking at a piece of paper and from reading it, think they can tell which team would win. No matter how many RBI's Manny drives in or how many guys Pedro strikes out, neither of them have the gumption to win. You have one true winner on your team and that is Curt Schilling. The Yankees, on the other hand, are chock full of winners. They are chock full of proven winners. They have been there,done that and got the T-Shirts to prove it.

Back to your sheet of paper Cleef.........Red Sox fans will be forced to continue their suffering.

Larry

OH YEA, LET HIM HAVE IT LARRY. ITS ALWAYS BOTTOM LINE AND THE BOTTOM LINE IS ALWAYS YANKEES.

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Clarification

When I said "on paper" I meant coming out of spring training.

Just look at the numbers, the pitchers are better in every way, shape and form.

The Yanks went 18 games without a victory from their starting rotation.

Pedro isn't a winner? Lowe? Wakefield?

C'mon boys. The heat is on, and it's getting warm in the Bronx.

What year did you guys jump on the bandwagon anyway?

I've loved the laundry since I could.

Like I've said, it's easy to be a Yanks fan. We were better last year, and we're clearly better this year.

Time will tell.

puropapi3

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 1, 2004
Cleef said:
When I said "on paper" I meant coming out of spring training.

Just look at the numbers, the pitchers are better in every way, shape and form.

The Yanks went 18 games without a victory from their starting rotation.

Pedro isn't a winner? Lowe? Wakefield?

C'mon boys. The heat is on, and it's getting warm in the Bronx.

What year did you guys jump on the bandwagon anyway?

I've loved the laundry since I could.

Like I've said, it's easy to be a Yanks fan. We were better last year, and we're clearly better this year.

Time will tell.

You're right about time will tell. You're warming up with all that past tense talk:

"Like I've said, it's easy to be a Yanks fan. We were better last year, and we'reclearly better this year."

puropapi3

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 1, 2004
Cleef said:
See you in October.

History is just that.

DUH. You're right about that. We always meet in October, thats just history. But History always show the Yanks beating the Sox and moving on to bigger and better things.

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
I am no Yankee fan( mets fan), but th Sux are not going to beat them

:dead:

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
I think that's why the Sox alawys lose, because their fans jinx them. They've been on a great run, now their fans (I like the Bosox, but I'm not a blind fanatic) are already starting to talk trash. Pretty soon they will jinx them and then they will be talking about the curse, etc...
I say just wait and see. It's too early to start talking about The Bosox beating the yankees...Which I hope the do, BTW.

puropapi3

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 1, 2004
carlos said:
I am no Yankee fan( mets fan), but th Sux are not going to beat them

:dead:

Typical Met fan. Of coarse you feel like that. Mets fans are always Sox fans. The Mets do bad every year so all they can turn to is the Sox or another AL team to bring down the Yanks.

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
puropapi3 said:
Typical Met fan. Of coarse you feel like that. Mets fans are always Sox fans. The Mets do bad every year so all they can turn to is the Sox or another AL team to bring down the Yanks.

go and read my post again and you will see that I said the Sox (sux) will never win.

puropapi3

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 1, 2004
My Bad

carlos said:
go and read my post again and you will see that I said the Sox (sux) will never win.

Oh yea. LOL. I get caught up in the moment and when i saw "Mets fan" i just got the automatic urge to snap back cuz Mets fan are usually goin for the Sox. Yanks-Sox and Yanks-Mets debates get me heated.

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Hmmmm

Yankees looking for a handout. They don't even want to play, just give us a forfeit, that's great. The fear is overcoming them.

No Kevin Brown, the seams are coming undone.

After witnessing last nights game from a plush luxury suite on Mt. Al Davis in Oakland Coliseum, I can't really see this as being another typical Saaaaaaaawx season. Too many things are going right. The pitching is brilliant, the defense is equal.

We're hitting on all cylinders and the Dominican duo of Ortiz and Planet Manny are fighting each other for the MVP. A Dominican will surely win the MVP this year, and Schilling is only a few more starts away from wrapping up the Cy Young.

The only thing left is our first title in a bazillion years.

See you in October, if you make it that is.

puropapi3

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 1, 2004
Dont get me started, you Red Sox fan!

Cleef said:
Yankees looking for a handout. They don't even want to play, just give us a forfeit, that's great. The fear is overcoming them.

No Kevin Brown, the seams are coming undone.

After witnessing last nights game from a plush luxury suite on Mt. Al Davis in Oakland Coliseum, I can't really see this as being another typical Saaaaaaaawx season. Too many things are going right. The pitching is brilliant, the defense is equal.

We're hitting on all cylinders and the Dominican duo of Ortiz and Planet Manny are fighting each other for the MVP. A Dominican will surely win the MVP this year, and Schilling is only a few more starts away from wrapping up the Cy Young.

The only thing left is our first title in a bazillion years.

See you in October, if you make it that is.

LOL, "If you make it". DONT MAKE ME SICK.

Last year a Dominican(A-Rod) won the MVP. I know the PLATANO POWER in Boston are bombing but this year im goin for Gary Sheffield, a non-Dominican. You have to watch Yankee games every night to see why he is an MVP. He has the leagues most game winning RBIs. He comes thru clutch many times. he provides alot of power and constantly stinging the ball. HE IS PLAYING HURT WITH A BAD SHOULDER. IMAGINE HIM HEALTHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gary is slighty(SLIGHTLY) below THE PLATANO POWER numbers in Boston but watch a few yankee games and see the whole crowd chanting MVP!! when he bats in the 8th inning after going 4-4 before. You see lil kids with Chef(Sheffield) hats with MVP written on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.