Airport transport prices

Arturo Sanchez

Aug 22, 2004
A couple of quick questions about Santo Domingo Airport:

1. What should it cost for a taxi from the Airport to the city?
2. What should it cost for a taxi from the airport to Boca Chica or Juan Dolio?
3. Is there a bus/guagua I can take into Santo Domingo from the airport? If so, what does it cost?
4. Does anybody know what a guagua costs from Santo Domingo to Punta Cana? Do you have to switch at Higuey?

Thanks!
Arturo

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
1. About US$20-25

2. US$18 to Boca Chica, JD would be an extra $5-10.

3. No

4. I don't think there is one through bus but you can use guagaus to at least La Romana switching at SP de M, there is a Santo Domingo - Higuey/Bavaro bus that if you search here there have been many posts about. That doubtlessly is better than a series of guaguas.

SDQ is a poor choice of arrival airports to go to Punta Cana for sure.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Expreso Bavaro is currently leaving 4 times a day from Santo Domingo direct to Punta Cana at 7am, 10am, 2pm and 4pm. The cost is RD$210 or about US$5.

MrNiceGuy

Sep 12, 2004
Bus from Santo Domingo to Punta Cana

Are the buses running now? Is the bridge passible over the river? That was a h.... of a lot of water in the pics?

Thanks,

El Maestro 23

Sep 23, 2004
MrNiceGuy said:
Are the buses running now? Is the bridge passible over the river? That was a h.... of a lot of water in the pics?

Thanks,

No no buses or cars or anything that rides in wheels (bikes, rollerblades, etc) the only way is by small boats they have running to get the people across or if you are flying there i believe the airport is open so you can fly directly to PUNTA CANA (PUJ). But no buses until they finish the bridge