Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

conor

Feb 6, 2004
Hi,
This might not be this site might not be the right place to post this question, but i am I am very nervous. My parents live on the intercostal in Fort Pierce FL and did not evacuate and I am here down in Santiago. The phone lines went down when I was trying to tell them to go to a shelter or some place safer and not as close to the water. I was wondering if anybody knows how I might be able to find out if they are ok. I am not sure what agency I should try calling. I tried to get threw to the Sheriffs office but the lines were down. I have been following the storm on CNN and it is hitting dead on were they live. I know I can't get someone to go out there and check on them until the storm dies down, but I wanted to get a call to them and let them know they didn't leave and wanted to ask if they could go once it calms down. Thank You for Any suggestion

DRInMySoul

Aug 30, 2004
wow

if the phones lines r down and its hitting dead on its going to be ultra hard getting in touch with them....u could try looking for an agency online somehow ...or try calling family members here in the states (if you have any that are not in florida) and see if they can get in touch with an agency... if not i suggest u wait till stuff dies down a bit an then trying..things are pretty rough down there from what i hear...whatever happens though good luck!!

**update**

just found this online..hope it helps::

http://floridadisaster.org/eoc/frances04.asp

puropapi3

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 1, 2004
As of now its pretty bad down there and alot of people have evacuated already and are waiting for the daylight when it dies down. There should be some way to find help/phone numbers online. You can try to reach the Red Cross or other help agencies. Right now there will be alot of phone lines down so the internet can be your only way to get through to the states.

I wish you alot of luck and wish the best for your folks in Florida.

sunnyvillas

Blocked due to spamming
Apr 29, 2003
conor said:
Hi,
This might not be this site might not be the right place to post this question, but i am I am very nervous. My parents live on the intercostal in Fort Pierce FL and did not evacuate and I am here down in Santiago. The phone lines went down when I was trying to tell them to go to a shelter or some place safer and not as close to the water. I was wondering if anybody knows how I might be able to find out if they are ok. I am not sure what agency I should try calling. I tried to get threw to the Sheriffs office but the lines were down. I have been following the storm on CNN and it is hitting dead on were they live. I know I can't get someone to go out there and check on them until the storm dies down, but I wanted to get a call to them and let them know they didn't leave and wanted to ask if they could go once it calms down. Thank You for Any suggestion

Hi Conor,

If you like to send me your folks phone number, I can keep on trying to see if I can get hold of them.
I know how hard it must be for you, as we are moving soon to Fort Myers, and when "Charlie" hit our home town, we were so worried about our dear frineds there. I could not care less about the condo, all I wanted to know that everyone is ok.
So, if you like to, do not hesitate to send me their number and I will keep on trying. Sorry,t hat's the only way I can think of helping.....

Wish you all the best and do not worry, they will be fine