Looking for nice Hotel in Puerto Plata...Not looking for the "AI"

Status
Not open for further replies.

cndnurse26

Sep 5, 2004
Hi I am new to this site, been to the DR twice this year! Love it...But both times I have been I have stayed in a resort in Playa Dorado.
This trip that I am planing in Novemver I am looking for a nice hotel outside the complex, not the all inclusive type. If anybody has any suggestions that would be great!

Thanks alot,

Lisa

baileyboy

Jun 27, 2004
I personally have not stayed here

however I have been there when a friend stayed there. It's the Amber Castle. I believe it cost her $20 US a night. The rooms are nice, and they have a pool as well. The hotel is in a nice neighbourhood, I believe it's close to the Coca Cola Plant. Same side of the street.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
It really depends on what your agenda/requirements are when here. To be close to the town centre, ApartHotel Lomar would suit best, to be comfortable & among holidaying guests, perhaps Porto Fino on Hemmanas Mirabel might be better. Puerto Plata Beach Resort on the Malecon is between both, is more an apartment than a room & is therefore a bit more expensive (a whacking US $27.50 per night!!). If you want more details, yell me, here or by PM! - Grahame.

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
baileyboy said:
however I have been there when a friend stayed there. It's the Amber Castle. I believe it cost her $20 US a night. The rooms are nice, and they have a pool as well. The hotel is in a nice neighbourhood, I believe it's close to the Coca Cola Plant. Same side of the street.

Check out this recent thread for info on the Castillo de Amber........

http://www.dr1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33686&highlight=castillo

baileyboy

Jun 27, 2004
tired_boy said:
Check out this recent thread for info on the Castillo de Amber........

http://www.dr1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33686&highlight=castillo

Hi Tired boy--
My friend had a room that overlooked the pool, and when you walked in there was a little kitchenette area, and had a little sitting area with a chair and table, that room lead into the bedroom, that had the balcony overlooking the pool, and off the bedroom there was a full bathroom.
It is the one opposite the Brugal factory.
lisa

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
cndnurse26 said:
Hi I am new to this site, been to the DR twice this year! Love it...But both times I have been I have stayed in a resort in Playa Dorado.
This trip that I am planing in Novemver I am looking for a nice hotel outside the complex, not the all inclusive type. If anybody has any suggestions that would be great!

Thanks alot,

Lisa
Most of us who live here, would agree that we wouldn't be caught dead vacationing right in POP.
Why not stay in Sosua, Cabarete or La Samana?

Last edited:

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I agree with Rocky, stay in Sosua, much better there, close to the airport, and half the prices of Cabarete. Recomended hotels are: Europa, Don Andres and One Ocean Place.

sunnyvillas

Blocked due to spamming
Apr 29, 2003
cndnurse26 said:

Thanks alot,

Lisa

I have to agree, that Sosua or Cabarete are the perfect places to saty on the North Coast compare to Puerto Plata.

But you have to tell us a bit more what you are enjoying, a great company of people and a quiter beach, like Sosua or party hardy and windsurfing, then you are best of in Cabarete.

Best of luck!

cndnurse26

Sep 5, 2004
Thank you for your info

Thanks everybody for the quick response...The reason for wanting to stay in Puerto Plata is because I have accumulated a lot of friends in the area and really enjoy the people. I have visited Sosua and I think it's beautiful, but have no friends there yet! :cheeky:

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Hotels etc

I stayed at the Castilla del ambar. It is a very nice small aparta hotel. It is in a quiet area right behind the coca cola outlet. The rooms are smallish but fine for one or two people. I don't know the current rates but they offer daily weekly and monthly rates. It is best to book ahead. The kitchen areas have fridge and stove and the basics for cooking. The staff are pretty good and there is security at night. The pool is small, but very clean.

Bushbaby also recommended some good places, it depends what you are looking for. If youwant me to call for rates, just send a PM and I will do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.