give it a shot

DRInMySoul

Aug 30, 2004
i'm currently here on a lil mission. members and moderators have asked me to come here becuz of certain issues i'm having with the forum in general and how its proceeding. ANYWAY! i'll give starting thread about being "dominican" a shot.

what makes you proud of being dominican? i'd like to know what you guyz have to say!

LaPinea

Mar 18, 2004
You may have missed the point, but the majority of the members here are related one way: Love the DR, either live in DR or want to, are Dominicans, or love something or someone Dominican...

locofoto

Aug 18, 2004
DRInMySoul said:
i'm currently here on a lil mission. members and moderators have asked me to come here becuz of certain issues i'm having with the forum in general and how its proceeding. ANYWAY! i'll give starting thread about being "dominican" a shot.

what makes you proud of being dominican? i'd like to know what you guyz have to say!

You should express in more detail what disturbs you about the current image of your country.

In my humble opinion the question "what makes you proud to be xyz" is nice, but does not lead to an interesting discussion.

Talk about what moves you and you will get responses. Not everything you will like, but that's the way a good discussion goes. ;)

DeQueTuPriva

Sep 1, 2004
locofoto said:
You should express in more detail what disturbs you about the current image of your country.

In my humble opinion the question "what makes you proud to be xyz" is nice, but does not lead to an interesting discussion.

Talk about what moves you and you will get responses. Not everything you will like, but that's the way a good discussion goes. ;)

Where does she say that she is disturbed by the Dominican Republic's image?

I think her question is directed to those of us abroad who flaunt our flag or other Dominican cultural symbols with so much pride. She wants to know what makes us proud of our heritage.