Cabarete Weather Report

Peter & Alex

Bronze
May 3, 2003
www.rainbowsenddr.com
Friday 10.09.04 @ 07.00am

Heavy rain in the night with distant thunder and lightning.
More rain at 06.30 until 07.40am with light offshore breeze.
Very dull and overcast.
Sea relatively calm - shore break around 0.4m.
For a more detailed weather update you guys should try www.windsofcabarete.com sometime.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Only the weather please...

Folks, this is a daily report on the actual weather conditions from Cabarete. Peter & Alex have kindly volunteered to do this for DR1. It is not intended to take the place of any site that gives specific wind, wave and swell conditions aimed at kitesurfers, windsurfers or surfers.

We apreciate you adding further links and webcams to this thread, it can only be of benefit. Here is the direct link to the kitexcite weather page... http://www.kitexcite.com/kitesurfing-school/Wind_Waves_Weather.html.

Y'all know the policies of DR1 - If you want to advertise, pay up! If you want to complain, go to the bosses. End of story - weather only allowed on this thread!

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
marina said:
Apologies.

To Paul:

whatever Paul. It's just as accurate and detailed for kiters and windsurfers. I'm only guilty of posting it in the wrong section or thread. It's informational i.e. another resource. DR1 doesn't exactly cater to clients for the school. And we support windsofcabarete. Their webcam is hosted at our school for no financial gain or recognition.

Marina, I have no problems with you posting on DR1 and at the end of the day, that's all that matters. The link is valuable and adds to the overall weather outlook of Cabarete, thanks.

Shall we continue...

Peter & Alex

Bronze
May 3, 2003
www.rainbowsenddr.com
Monday 13.09.04 @ 07.00am

Another nice day! High whispy clouds forming, turning hazy by the end of my morning beach walk.
Sea relatively calm - Bozo Beach shore break up to 1.00 metre at times. Local fishing boat went out to the reef at around 06.45 so doubt if conditions will change much until later.

Peter & Alex

Bronze
May 3, 2003
www.rainbowsenddr.com
Tuesday 14.09.04 @ 07.00am

Great day! Clear sky, relatively calm seas with slight swell. 0.5 - 1.00 metre surf on the reef and shore break on Bozo Beach. Slight breeze.
High tides in the night brought a lot of weed and rubbish and deposited it along the coast.

Peter & Alex

Bronze
May 3, 2003
www.rainbowsenddr.com
Wednesday 15.09.04 @ 07.00am

Rain on and off through the night.
Sky - scattered clouds at 06.30am. Dull and overcast now with small rain light showers.
0.5m swell on Cabarete Beach, 1.0m - 1.2m shore break on Bozo Beach.
Windsurfers looking for the same sea conditions as yesterday - nice waves - but needing a bit more wind! (No predictions for today despite pressure from a buddy cos' I'll get it wrong)!!!!!

Peter & Alex

Bronze
May 3, 2003
www.rainbowsenddr.com
Thursday 16.09.04 @ 07.00am

Short heavy rain yesterday evening. Some light showers through the night.
This morning - managed to get my walk in between the showers!
Dull, grey and overcast over Cabarete but black and dark out to sea. Light showers on and off at the moment. The sea looks a bit angry and quite rough along the exposed coast beaches to the east of town. Nice surf and breakers out on the reef but relatively normal in the bay. Shore break around a metre on Bozo Beach.
Other than that, it all looks quite normal?
High tide pushing the water up onto the beach, but at the moment only as far as the first line of palms in front of Pitu Bar.
Estimated winds from the NE - around 8 - 12 knots?
Will it worsen as the day goes on? Possibly looking at the sat pix .... but .....(Remember this is not CNN so we won't exagerate conditions)!!!

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Thanks Peter - We'd appreciate if you could keep us updated with conditions from this afternoon onwards --- PJT down in Bavaro / Punta Cana is just now having the winds pick up again after a small respite while being in the eye....

North Coasters, please be very careful and take the necessary precautions. The winds may not look too bad, but, we have a hurricane right on our coast.

Chris - reporting from a small weather station in the North West...

Lucy

Jan 7, 2002
If you would like to see what it looks like right now, i found a live web cam at WindsOfCabarete.com, i got to that site thru Club Natalie Simones web site. I just spoke with my brother, said there is alot of excitement in Cabarete, good luck all.... Lucy

marina

Jan 2, 2002
www.kitexcite.com
Just got off skype with Stefan who lives in ProCab area of Cabarete. Power/Water/Phones down but internet and cell phone still working. Storm hit about 5am this morning. Lots of rain, lot of trees and powerlines down, lots of branches/debris flying about. He just tried to get out of Procab and it's impassable. He ran into some friends who had bee on the beach and they say it's not so bad re: damage/flooding. Highest wind gust measured on windsofcabarete today was 68 knots! Webcam just went down about 10 minutes ago (it's 8:52a over there now). Let's wish them all luck! I think the eye is passing them right now so they have a bit of a lull until the 2nd half of the system passes over...

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Just spoke to my daugher in ProCab as well - trees down - palm fronds everywhere, water coming in under the doors - My granddaughter says she is busy "cleaning her house".

Camden Tom

Bronze
Dec 1, 2002
If anybody happens to wander by my house,

I'd sure appreciate an update. Thanks

Peter and Paul T, you guys OK down there?

I'm sending you all my best vibes.