Ivan hits Casa de Campo (Pics)

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
From an email I received.

-------------------------
Here are some pictures I took about 10:00 am yesterday morning (Thursday). The waves are coming up over a 20'+ wall into an area that has about 3' deep then up stairs to the pool. As you can see...they were high and the storm surge here was as well. I have also included a picture of some of the debris that the ocean brought up with it. We lost a wall later in the evening, haven't taken that picture yet. Enjoy and hope the readers enjoy as well. It amazes me that the government didn't issue us TS warnings here...but they never do!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

chuckuindy

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
No idea

Robert said:
From an email I received.

Here are some pictures I took about 10:00 am yesterday morning (Thursday). The waves are coming up over a 20'+ wall into an area that has about 3' deep then up stairs to the pool. As you can see...they were high and the storm surge here was as well. I have also included a picture of some of the debris that the ocean brought up with it. We lost a wall later in the evening, haven't taken that picture yet. Enjoy and hope the readers enjoy as well. It amazes me that the government didn't issue us TS warnings here...but they never do!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

I had no idea that you owned a residence in Casa de Campo. Let me see, I bet it sets on a hill overlooking The Dey Fore. Can't seem to find you on these photos.
http://www.newyorksocialdiary.com/partypictures/2003/4.18.03/partypictures4.18.03.php
My ex-boss knows how to throw a party.
Charlie

Last edited:

LynnCox

Feb 18, 2002
Charlie..you didn't read the email...Robert said it was an email he recieved. I took those pictures from our property. No it's not on a hill on Dye Fore, it's directly in front of the ocean...as you can see by the waves crashing over the wall! :>)
Lynn

vandee

Nov 26, 2003
latest storm

LynnCox said:
Charlie..you didn't read the email...Robert said it was an email he recieved. I took those pictures from our property. No it's not on a hill on Dye Fore, it's directly in front of the ocean...as you can see by the waves crashing over the wall! :>)
Lynn

Would you know if the latest storm supposed to hit Casa? If so, what are the winds supposed to be like.
Thanks, Rick