Hijacked thread from "were we right at least once"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red_Girl

Mar 5, 2004
MrMike said:
You don't hear many people use the phrase "you told me so" it's just not any fun I guess to admit that someone else was right. I don't think anybody is going to log in here just to let the know-it-all's know that they were right and that they were played for a fool just as predicted.

Something similar did happen with one girl though who moved down here for a trial run with her resort worker boyfriend, I think it was Fiestamama, can't recall. She was kind enough to let us all know how terribly things went.

OK found it, here's the link:

http://www.dr1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30425&highlight=fiestamama

FiestaMama actually took the plunge and moved down there on her own anyway. Has anyone heard from her?? (Sorry to hijack)

lizzyjl80

Jun 16, 2004
Red_Girl said:
FiestaMama actually took the plunge and moved down there on her own anyway. Has anyone heard from her?? (Sorry to hijack)

Allow me to inform you that last time i spole to her things werent going exactly like she thought they would be.

She discovered her "sankie" unfortunately becasue she is a very nice person.

stormer

Apr 27, 2004
Red_Girl said:

I have been looking for her myself. Our stories were so similar. But I would not move down there like she has? I hope she is ok. Someone Pm me if they know more. thanx.

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
stormer said:
I have been looking for her myself. Our stories were so similar. But I would not move down there like she has? I hope she is ok. Someone Pm me if they know more. thanx.

Fiesta Mama - I think she ended up moving back or something, she did post after her trip. She was one of the few that kept in touch after the ordeal, good girl...

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
She did move to Sosua but not sure where she is right now. I'm sure she will post again. Last time she posted she was trying to duck ladybird. If someone sees her please tell her we're thinking of her and wish her well.

To add she did post in August I see about an apartment.

Fiesta Mama said:
I think it's a bad idea to rent an apartment from a website. It's much better to do it from this end. I know of a 1 bedroom apartment in Puerto Plata for rent. It's near Playa Dorada and on the same side of the road and therefore on the Playa Dorada power grid. This means 24-hour power and water. I went and saw it and it a very nice apartment in a safe area and very close to the main road for guaguas, public cars, etc. It was not air conditioned but had a ceiling fan. It is also furnished with very nice bamboo furniture, full size fridge, and a bed and dresser in the bedroom. It was very clean. It was $200 U.S. per month plus $20 U.S. in utilities but the owner told me if you paid for the year you would get a better deal (also if your boyfriend is Dominican and went alone I'm sure he would get a better deal). I don't have the number and I was in Puerto Plata a few days ago and saw that the sign was still there. I will be going back into Puerto Plata in the next week and can get the number for you if you are interested.

Here's the link

Last edited:

dawnwil

Bronze
Aug 27, 2003
first a question

lizzyjl80 said:
Allow me to inform you that last time i spole to her things werent going exactly like she thought they would be.

She discovered her "sankie" unfortunately becasue she is a very nice person.

Did you speak to her in person here in Sosua?

Did anyone else? Red_Girl?

Curious about this, because I have different take on that situation, and will share it here, but first I want to know who in this discussion has actually met her?

Thanks

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Ok this is not a gossip column so unless you have seen and spoken with her in the last month let's keep our thoughts to ourselves or you can PM each other.
And I don't want to hear a "take" on anyone . I want to hear that she is ok. Anything else will have to be shared by her if she chooses to share.

Thanks

dawnwil

Bronze
Aug 27, 2003
Whoa there

Who said anything about a gossip column? Or a 'take' on a person. Those are strong words, and as I haven't yet offered an opinion yet in keeping with the subject of this thread, uncalled for. Just so you know, I have no inclination or interest in sharing gossipy details. I couldn't be less interested in doing so.

However, if you think it's valid for people who've only spoken to a person by way of the internet to offer their 'takes' as if they know her, and invalid for someone to balance those perspectives with real life experience, so be it. Live the fairytale, but it makes the purpose of this forum lose some of its value, don't you think?

And it reinforces one point I wished to make. In general, it is incredibly naive for people to take words written on a website as the complete picture or the gospel truth.

It's also naive to believe you know someone--or anyone-- by way of the words they choose to share with you in this environment.

If you don't want to hear what I have to say, that's fine with me. I happen to have a perspective that include a dose of reality. Sorry for that.

Make up your mind... information, or cheerleading.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
This thread is NOT about Fiestamama. A poster asked the question " have we ever been right about warning people?. The thread about what happened to fiestamama was posted. It was written in her own words. So now to dicuss her story without her being here to answer questions is out.

Like I said before. She posted that she moved to Sosua back in July. She posted In August in reply to bailyboy asking for an apartment rental.That's the last time I saw her posting. When her name came up it was the concern over her safety and well being. Not to discuss anyone's "Take" on her past relationship.

The only information I want and also asked by other posters is. How is she? Where is she? If you don't know then that's fine. If she is doing fine and you've seen her then simply say so.

Thanks

Last edited:

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
All very interesting I'm sure.

I'm sure if FiestaMama has something to say, then it will be said by her.
I'm assuming she has nothing to share, hence no recent posts.

I'm also assuming that this thread is pretty pointless right now, so I'm closing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.