Christmas and New year eve events questions

holacanada

Sep 8, 2004
Hola everybody,
can someone make me dream higher and higher..!!! and answer me about...

Is there a big party for Christmas and New Year evening ? >> AT CORAL MARIEN
The temperature..????

In what terms the food offer for these specials event is different from the current food all other days of the year ?

Can I buy a day or evening pass for this kind of activities at Iberostar ?
Is Iberostar better (Last winter hacienda dominicus was very good...

Do the dominicans have special hours in Chritsmas day like open/close bank, sphopping center, etc.

Is ther a way to celebrate in Puerto Plata for the New Year do they organise party or someting else..? :bandit:

holacanada

Sep 8, 2004
Peter & Alex said:
Hit Cabarete Beach on New Years Eve - it rocks all night!!
Hello Pete and Alex and thank you for your reply. But from Coral to Cabarete how long by cab and how much ? Did they have in Cabarete a place to to party and accomodation for one nignt. Like special New Year Eve with acces to a romm or a shower or ...
Thanks in advance for replies

Camden Tom

Bronze
Dec 1, 2002
I couldn't agree more

Peter & Alex said:
Hit Cabarete Beach on New Years Eve - it rocks all night!!

Last year, Mary and I spent the evening on Cabarete beach (including a wonderful dinner with Peter and Alex) and we had a ball. This will surely be an annual event for us. As the time draws near, somebody will likely organize something.

Peter & Alex

Bronze
May 3, 2003
www.rainbowsenddr.com
Why...?

Why waste time and money with Cabarete accommodation? Just party along with the rest for the whole night, watch the sun come up and then go local for breakfast??
(As I'm a lazy 'B' I don't stray far from Cabarete and home so unfortunately can't help with travel from Coral)? Somebody will know on here I'm sure?

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
New YEar's travel

Last year I was in POP for New Year's Eve, I was invited to a party at Breezes del Camu. I started trying to get a taxi at 10:30 pm and there was no taxis period!!! Of course maybe going earlier in the evening for dinner or whatever first might have been a good idea.

A taxi from the Coral Marien to Cabarete will cost you at least $30 US each way. On New YEar's Eve count on there being fewer taxis and probably costing more!

So, why go all the way there? We have lots of partying going on closer to Puerto Plata...... It is way too early by Domincan standards to start planning anything for Dec. 31st!!! Hell we aren't even planning for this weekend yet ....LOL

holacanada

Sep 8, 2004
Thank you so much planner

[I didnt tought about this special period ao the year with lack of taxis and higher rates. And maybe it's to early to plan (it'a in approx 100 days..!!) but to post and receive infos about Dominican republic help me to dream a lot (at work or at my house !!!) And a lots of frequent forummers have very good tricks and opinion. So I am less depays? (!).

:bandit: