Santo Domingo Weather Report

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
9:45 am. Monday, 13 September. Sunny, with scattered clouds today in the Julieta, center of town area. Pleasant. Would say it is around 28 degrees Celsius this morning.

By the way, yesterday was out in Boca Chica -- lovely sunny day.

8:40 pm. Rest of the day was equally as nice.

Last edited:

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
PIB, in your travels around town, if you locate a good one (value-wise) let me know where. PJT/Peter&Alex are doing a great job in their reports, would like to follow suit.

Last edited:

kingofdice

Jan 16, 2002
A note of appreciation for the daily S.D. weather forcast posted on the board - thanks for the new feature, Dolores!

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Glad that you find it helpful, King of Dice!

Tuesday evening cleared up. As of 6 pm the weather was most cloudy, but some patches of blue skies. No rain in the afternoon. Actually, the rain cleared out the humidity and the heat that the date started with.

Shortly before sunset, though, did notice very dark grey clouds on top of the area near the Malecon, bordering the sea. Could mean some heavy rain this evening.

Last edited:

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Wednesday, 15 September. 9:20 am. Beautiful morning. Bright and sunny early this morning, more clouds in the sky as the morning advances. It didn't rain last night, after all. Breezy. Say about 29C.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Wednesday, 15 September. Raining now in Santo Domingo. As of around 1 pm, day became cloudy. Rain is light, but skies are overcast.

1:40 pm. Lightning and thunders. Rain intensity has increased.

Last edited:

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Wednesday, 15 September. 2:47 pm. Rain was short lasting. Now It is clear outside, although lots of gray skies all around.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
10.45am - Rain and lots of it. Sky's are grey and it looks like the rain will be about most of the day.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Thursday, 16 Sept. 7:11 pm.

Early this morning tuned into the 5 am weather track page and left confident Santiago would at most get intense rains. At 7 am left for Santiago (in the center of the country). Only ran into rains after Bonao. We passed lots of public school children on their way to school. In Santiago, morning school went as normal, but afternoon classes were suspended. Was at the Centro Leon which closed to the general public at 3 pm. On the way up from there it was raining, but there were no winds. In Santiago, it was just a rainy day, nothing out of the usual. On the way back, it was the same, until around Villa Altagracia where the rains were gone and the clouds left space for some blue skies. Rest of the drive into Santo Domingo was without rain. It is not raining in Santo Domingo.

The performance of this storm, though shows again one has to be prepared once a big storm is in the vicinity and wait for it to pass, monitoring it closely.

Last edited:

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Friday, 17 Sept. 5 am

Some wind and light raining in the Julieta area of Santo Domingo this morning. Sun's not out yet, but I would assume the city is covered by gray storm clouds. Probably the intensity of the rain will step up later. Would say it is about 27C.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Friday, 17 September. 6:48 am

Intermittent rains. Some strong gusts of rain, on and off. City seems to be totally overcast. Chilly, would say about 25C. On the positive side. Some wind gusts.

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
Dolores said:
Friday, 17 September. 6:48 am

Intermittent rains. Some strong gusts of rain, on and off. City seems to be totally overcast. Chilly, would say about 25C. On the positive side. Some wind gusts.
I suppose you and I are feeling the brunt of the wind Dolores. Our buildings have no other buildings around. The wind howling here sounds creepy, and our potted palm trees lie horizontally.

I'd say the temp. should be more around 21C or so... it feels hotter inside. I am sick and tired of the damn rain already. :tired:

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
For the most of the day it has not rained in Santo Domingo, nor has there been winds. Only an intermittent light drizzle, once in a while.

Dark clouds line the north side of the city, so could be we get some rains in the evening.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
And can someone explain why we have power all day long? The exception to the rule of the past months. Oh, well, not complaining... has been a pleasure to spend the day without the noise of blackouts.

P.S.
Me and my big mouth... an hour after I said that, there goes the power. Well, was just too good to be true -- but still had a record number of power from the public system. Back up systems kicked in.

Last edited:

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
9:52 pm. Weird layer of white/gray clouds in the sky tonight, separated the white from the gray by a thin layer of pink. Only a drizzle of rain. Chilly -- would say 23C. Slight breeze.

kingofdice

Jan 16, 2002
Thanks ever so much again for the updates, Dolores. Funny, my special Dominican novia friend had called me shortly this evening before reading your last post and said that it was chilly too in Santo Domingo. So, being that you reported the temperature approximation at 23C, it left me puzzling as to what that translated to in Farenheit for an old Statesider.

So, for all you readers like me, take the number of degrees Celsius and multiply by 9. Divide that number by 5, then add 32. Based on 23C, that would translate to 73 degrees Farenheit (73.4 to be exact).

Having experienced the sweltering heat and humidity each day during my recent August visit, I would agree 73 degrees to be on the cool side too. :cool: