Punta Cana-Bavaro Weather Report

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Bavaro & Punta Cana - Weather to Go There

Wednesday, Sept. 8.

Yesterday was a hot day as usual and had some thunder-boomers overnight.

It is early afternoon now and there is a light overcast, hazy, but not enough to stop the suns rays from BBQing the sun worshipers.

It is about 86 F / 30 C in the shade and the humidity is at about 75-80 %. The wind is from the NE at about 10 mph. Great weather for sitting in the shade and having a cold one. I expect maybe to see some sun this pm but would not be surprised if the cloud cover becomes more dense as Hurricane Ivan passes far south of here during the next 24 hours.

As usual there should be some showers and thunder-boomers tonight as long as it happens tonight.

Sunset this evening is 6:42 pm and sunrise tomorrow is 6:20 am.

Regards,
PJT, your newly anointed Bavaro / Punta Cana weather advisor

Dudley Dog

Sep 7, 2004
Thank You for the update

Excellent weather report if you arent already you should become a weather person. No hold on you wouldnt fit in - far to much information for the viewers. Our weather reports are something like this IT WILL BE SUNNY TODAY WITH CLOUDS AND THE CHANCE OF RAIN. POSSIBILITY OF WIND WITH A SLIM (BUT POSSIBLE) CHANCE OF SNOW WHICH MAY TURN TO SLEET. Think Ive covered every eventuality

Thanks again for the update - In London its a scorcher - Not a cloud in sight with temps of 29 deg :bandit: - Absolutly gorgeous - Unfortunatly it will turn sour in time for the weekend

Regards

Mick

:classic:

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002

Bavaro & Punta Cana, Weather Thursday, Sept. 9

The weather conditions this morning promise a fine day in store. There were some threats of thunderstorms overnight but nothing materialized.

Yesterday, there was a slight overcast that changed in the evening to a dark and threatening cloud cover, the Bavaro surf had picked up, and the ocean water was cooler. The sea breezes were giving a couple of kite surfers in El Cortecito some fast fun. I suspect it was a result of the outer fringes of Ivan teasing the area.

There was a slight cloud cover this morning at sunrise. At 8 am it is sunny, about 85 F / 29 C, and the humidity is at about 80 %. Great tanning weather. The wind is from the ESE at about 12 mph -10 kt. There will probably be some showers/thunderstorms late afternoon or tonight.

Sunset tonight is 6:41 pm and sunrise tomorrow is 6:21 am.

Regards,
PJT

jon8058

Sep 7, 2004
20th

hi all

I have been monitoring the the weather and Ivan for the past week as I come to Punta Cana on the 20th Sept. With all the websites that everyone has recommended i feel like a qualified weather person (not) and have bored the pants off my girlfriend by showing her how Ivan has missed DR. Basically does anyone know a good website where I can check the 10 day forcast for Punta Cana? The websites I have checked are totall different to what people are saying on these forums so i would rather go with what teh Forum says. i will probably ask the weather again just before I come.

Thanks

jon

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
If you check this thead on an ongoing basis, PJT will keep you up to date as to what is happening on the ground, the real situation. Can't get better than this.

Any major changes (storms, hurricanes) will be on the weather forum.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Bavaro & Punta Cana, Weather to Go There

Bavaro & Punta Cana, Weather Friday, Sept. 10

The weather conditions this morning had the sunrise arrive through scattered clouds. It is 9:30 am and it is sunny for the most part, the sun forcing itself through a light haze. The temperature is 86 F / 30 C, and the humidity is at about 75 %. There are refreshing breezes, the palms leaves are waving, the wind is gusting from the E at about 10 mph - 9 kt.

Yesterday was a disappointment as far a sunshine, there was practically none. A short spot of sunshine in the AM gave false hopes of a great sunny day in store. What transpired was a soup of overcast from light to medium clouding. It was great opportunity day to take in outdoor activities without the fear of becoming toast. The temperature remained constant in the mid 80?s F / high 20?s C. There were no rains during the day or overnight. Go figure! Blame it on Ivan.

Sunset tonight is 6:40 pm and sunrise tomorrow is 6:21 am.

Regards,
PJT

dee2123

Sep 3, 2004
PJT - Please have sunshine waiting

I am arriving in Punta Cana around 11am on Sunday (as long as flight goes as planned). Don't suppose you have a 10 day outlook? :nervous:

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
dee2123,

I'll look into my crystal ball and my ten day outlook will be a mix of sunshine, partly cloudy, and some bit of rain. Mostly sunshine once the island is released from Ivan's cloudy influence. I hope!

Recently, the normal routine without Ivan has been: mostly sunshine and partly cloudy (fair weather clouds), balmy breezes, hot and humid, spotty showers into the evening and overnight.

Regards and welcome to Punta Cana,
PJT

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002

Bavaro & Punta Cana - Weather Saturday, Sept. 11

The weather conditions this morning brought us a welcome sunrise. It is 10 am and it is SUNNY for the most part with scattered clouds. The temperature is 86 F / 30 C, and the humidity is at about 75 %. The wind is from the E at about 14 mph - 12 kt. Sun blocker needed today.

Yesterday, Friday, was an improvement over Thursday. It was a slow start in the am with some scattered clouds and hazy overcast. The pm improved with the sun gaining more strength through the thin haze. There were some scattered clouds. The temperature remained constant in the mid 80?s F / high 20?s C. It was a great afternoon to go to the beach, just to cool off.

Sunset tonight is 6:40 pm and sunrise tomorrow is 6:21 am.

Regards,
PJT

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002

Bavaro & Punta Cana - Weather Sunday, Sept. 12

It is 10 am and the weather conditions this morning had us waking to overcast and the moist results of a predawn shower. The overcast is continuing at this time. The temperature is 85 F / 29 C and the humidity is at about 85 %. The wind is from the E at about 5 mph - 4 kt.

Yesterday was great for the fun in the sun crowd. The day began with some scattered clouds and subsequently the sun gained the upper hand. It was hot but there was some relief from the breezes. It was a good day to make use of the available shade. A late afternoon overcast eased the effects of the radiant sun. The temperature remained constant in the mid 80?s F / high 20?s C.

Sunset tonight is 6:38 pm and sunrise tomorrow is 6:21 am.

Regards,
PJT

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002

Bavaro & Punta Cana - Weather Monday, Sept. 13

It is 9 am. Sunrise this morning had the sun peeking through a light haze. At this time the sun is in a strong position to win the day. The temperature is 85 F / 29 C, and the humidity is at about 80 %. The wind is from the E at about 7 mph - 6 kt. Wear sun protection for today?s activities.

Yesterday was lacking in vitality. It started out overcast and continued through the day with variations of the cloud cover. Some locations received showers in the late afternoon. The humidity was high, close to 90%. The temperature remained constant in the mid 80?s F / high 20?s C.

Sunset tonight is 6:37 pm and sunrise tomorrow is 6:21 am.

Regards,
PJT

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002

Bavaro & Punta Cana - Weather Tuesday, Sept. 14

It is 9 am. It was a beautiful sunrise this morning. There is a potent sun through some high scattered clouds at this time. The temperature is 85 F / 29 C and the humidity is at about 80 %. The wind varies from Calm to the ESE at about 5 mph - 4 kt.

Yesterday had vitality. It started out with a light haze and then the sun took over . There were some scattered clouds throughout the day. The high temperature was 87 F / 31 C.

Sunset tonight is 6:36 pm and sunrise tomorrow is 6:21 am.

A compact travel umbrella is an ideal protection in the tropics ?.from the sun and the rain, be cool and dry.

Regards,
PJT

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Bavaro & Punta Cana ? Weather Knots to Go There?

Bavaro & Punta Cana - Weather Wednesday, Sept. 15

It is 9:00 am. The sun arrived this am working its way through broken eastern clouds. Now, it is basically clear with a patchwork of clouds. However, we will expect rains and wind late today or early tomorrow, thanks to Jeanne. This area, the east, will be the first to realize the storm?s presence as it passes to the north, if it stays on its projected path as forecast by the NHC. It is expected to transition from tropical storm status to hurricane status when passing over Puerto Rico. Keep posted to DR1, TV, or radio for storm updates. The temperature is 86 F / 30 C and the humidity is at about 85 %. The wind is from the ENE at 12 mph / 10 kt with some higher gusts.

PJT will post updates when needed.

Advice to potential thrill seekers, please be reminded we lost four souls to the waves of Ivan in Santo Domingo last week. Enjoy viewing nature?s wonders but not at the risk of your life.

Regards,
PJT

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002

Bavaro & Punta Cana - Noontime Weather Special Update Wednesday, Sept. 15

It is sunny with high wispy clouds. Temperature is 88 F / 31 C. Humidity is 75% and the wind is from the ENE at 18 mph / 16 kt and gusting higher.

No real change is Jeanne track forecast from that of this am. NHC still has it passing close to the north of the island.

Regards,
PJT

dianar

Sep 15, 2004
iam visiting the dominican soon

Hi There
I know this is a stupid question but I have to just ask,
I am visiting Punta Cana on October 2nd.
Now, here comes the stupid part, but do you think Punta Cana will still be intact after the conditions from Tropical Storm/hurricane Jeanne?
Diana

PJT said:
Bavaro & Punta Cana - Weather Wednesday, Sept. 15

It is 9:00 am. The sun arrived this am working its way through broken eastern clouds. Now, it is basically clear with a patchwork of clouds. However, we will expect rains and wind late today or early tomorrow, thanks to Jeanne. This area, the east, will be the first to realize the storm?s presence as it passes to the north, if it stays on its projected path as forecast by the NHC. It is expected to transition from tropical storm status to hurricane status when passing over Puerto Rico. Keep posted to DR1, TV, or radio for storm updates. The temperature is 86 F / 30 C and the humidity is at about 85 %. The wind is from the ENE at 12 mph / 10 kt with some higher gusts.

PJT will post updates when needed.

Advice to potential thrill seekers, please be reminded we lost four souls to the waves of Ivan in Santo Domingo last week. Enjoy viewing nature?s wonders but not at the risk of your life.

Regards,
PJT

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
On the present track and given that it is forecast to only be a Hurricane 1 once it hits the country, damage should be minimal to hotels. By October, you most probably will not be able to notice there had been a big storm.

Last edited:

dianar

Sep 15, 2004
thank you so much for your reply

Dolores said:
On the present track and given that it is forecast to only be a Hurricane 1 once it hits the country, damage should be minimal to hotels. By October, you most probably will not be able to notice there had been a big storm.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002

Bavaro & Punta Cana - 4:00 pm Weather Special Update Wednesday, Sept. 15

There is a dark overcast with occasional showers. The temperature is 86 F / 30 C. The wind is from the NNE at about 21 mph / 18 kt with higher gusts.

Waiting for the 5 pm report from National Hurricane Center in the States for latest probabilities of Jeanne.

Regards,
PJT