Sunscape Beach Punta Cana (NOT THE GRAND!)

prinsess61

Sep 13, 2004
Hi there everyone! So glad to see this forum is out there. I used to live in Santo Domingo (moved there in tenth grade from BLIND RIVER, Ontario, Canada) and attended American School of Santo Domingo. I am so excited to return to the DR to be MARRIED February 14th, 2005. We have decided on Sunscape The Beach Punta Cana as it looks beautiful and is brand new.
My travel agent tells me it was open last year at this time, but I cannot find a single review concerning this resort. I am sure it is wonderful, but would like some advice or opinions from ANYONE who has been there in this last year. Any extra helpful staff that I should be on the lookout for, most gourmet restaurant, etc.
I am very anxious to hear from anyone who has any additional information about SUNSCAPE THE BEACH PUNTA CANA!!???
Thank you so much for your time:)
Wendy Roberts

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Hi Wendy,

prinsess61 said:
...My travel agent tells me it was open last year at this time, but I cannot find a single review concerning this resort. I am sure it is wonderful, but would like some advice or opinions from ANYONE who has been there in this last year...

Greetings from Nova Scotia.

I hope you travel agent is giving you more accurate info than this on other items of interest to you, because this is a NEW RESORT which is not yet opened and won't be until November '04.

See:

www.sunscaperesorts.com/beach/index_new.html

Reviews should start coming in mid to late November either here or at Debbie's Dominican Travel www.debbiesdonminicantravel.com

Take the early reviews with a grain of salt as many new properties have "kinks" to work out for the first few months. Service generally improves over time for the first six months to a year or so.

Gregg

prinsess61

Sep 13, 2004
Thanks Fireguy from Nova Scotia!
Quick response! Yes, I had looked online and saw that the resort said opening Nov 2004, when I asked my agent, she assured me that it had opened last year and closed for summer - reopening november for 04/05 season?!
So she doesn't know what she is talking about? Ahh, this wad SUPPOSED to be on of those relatively stress- free weddings!!:) :eek: