Hip Replacement In The D.r.

judyisnice

Oct 11, 2002
Hi,

Has anyone had a hip replacement in the Dominican Republic...and how well are they doing?

I'm asking formyself as the waiting lists are about two years here in Winnipeg. So you see our free health care is not really all that free afterall.

The cost for this in the US is about45,000.00

Any info would be great...and what better place to recover in, than the Dominican Republic!!

Thanks Judy

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
judyisnice said:
Hi,

Has anyone had a hip replacement in the Dominican Republic...and how well are they doing?

I'm asking formyself as the waiting lists are about two years here in Winnipeg. So you see our free health care is not really all that free afterall.

The cost for this in the US is about45,000.00

Any info would be great...and what better place to recover in, than the Dominican Republic!!

Thanks Judy
Judy,

A friend of mine had a hip replacement done a year & 1/2 ago in Puerto Plata the cost of which was US$7,500. His hip was smashed when he hit head on with a camionetta. He was on a pasola. he had another procedure done at the same time and that was included in the price.
The operation/replacement was completely successful and he regained 100% mobility with no complications.

Since Hillbilly's son is a physician, may I suggest you PM him to inquire of his son as to who may have done the operation on my friend. The Doctor was with the main clinic in Puerto Plata and the patient's name was Ron Wood.

Good Luck

Texas Bill

judyisnice

Oct 11, 2002
Thanks Texas Bill

Texas Bill said:
Judy,

A friend of mine had a hip replacement done a year & 1/2 ago in Puerto Plata the cost of which was US$7,500. His hip was smashed when he hit head on with a camionetta. He was on a pasola. he had another procedure done at the same time and that was included in the price.
The operation/replacement was completely successful and he regained 100% mobility with no complications.

Since Hillbilly's son is a physician, may I suggest you PM him to inquire of his son as to who may have done the operation on my friend. The Doctor was with the main clinic in Puerto Plata and the patient's name was Ron Wood.

Good Luck

Texas Bill

Well 7,500. is a far cry from the 45,000.00 US I have been told it would cost me to have it done.

I still would like to have a MRI done to see if the other hip needs any work .I'd have to wait well into next year to have that done here. Do they have it in puerto plata as well?

Thanks for your help Bill
Judy

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
My grandfather, age early 70's fell down the stairs in the middle of the night when a cat ended up under his foot, and had to have an artificial hip put in. He was treated at Corominas in Santiago by some very good doctors. I can get you more detail later, name of doctor, etc. This was fairly recently, I think 2 months ago.

I think his whole ordeal ended up costing him somewhere in the area of 250,000 pesos, this is with the "expensive" Brazilian hip. He was walking without a cane within 4 weeks and he played a few holes of golf the other day. He gets tired easier now he says, but I think the bed-rest likely got him out of shape more than anything.