Page 2 of 192 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Puerto Plata - Weather Report

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help.... Desperate news on the weather

Hi.

Me and my partner Kate are due to land in The Dominican on the 21st of September for two weeks, we have saved hard for this holiday... any ideas if the weather will be okay at some point?

Thanks..
    Should i cancell and stay in Scotland?

.............. ?
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Saturday Sept 18, 9:30 am

Good morning everyone, the sun came up this morning and we are very grateful!

YEsterday was not pleasant to say the least. However it was an experience! Thanks Conchman for adding your comments yesterday, here we had no electricity.

Today we have broken clouds with some sunshine! Woo hooo. I don't think it will last though, big black clouds are headed this way. There is a light breeze. I have to get a lot better at this before I begin to guess at the wind speeds. It is not HOT at the moment, just comfortably warm.

I will update later today assuming I have electricity.

I'lll put more information on PUerto Plata in the Hurricane Jeanne thread......

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by markpenn
    Hi.

Me and my partner Kate are due to land in The Dominican on the 21st of September for two weeks, we have saved hard for this holiday... any ideas if the weather will be okay at some point?

Thanks..
    Should i cancell and stay in Scotland?
    Where will you be staying? Puerto Plata areas are quickly being brought back to normal, if not already, many hotels in Punta Cana area are also back to normal. La Romana hotels may have to close until the bridge accesses are restored so that supplies can be brought in, so I would say you would need to be relocated if you will be staying next week in La Romana. Juan Dolio and Boca Chica hotels are back to normal. Let us know, so we can provide more information.

On the positive side, weather looks good for next week, no new storms lined up. See the weather satellite links. Clear skies ahead. Just what we need to dry up after those intense rains.

Post Thanks / Like

Question Is the Marien Coral by Hilton Still Standing!

First I hope that all of your families and friends in and around Puerto Plata have not sustained any property damage...more importantly that no one was hurt. I am scheduled to fly into Puerto Plata for my honeymoon on the September 26, 2004 and wondered whether the Marien Coral by Hilton is still standing or if it has suffered damage and so forth. I have tried calling the Hotel but it appears that the phone lines are still down. I would appreciate any information!!!!!!! Thank you very much.

Lathc

Post Thanks / Like

Default How about Breezes POP? Anybody know?

My wife and I are coming down on the 20th, and staying at Breezes POP. Do things look like they are returning to normal? (As normal as normal can be after a hurricane of course.)

.............. ?
    Post Thanks / Like

Default HOneymoon....

Hi there, I am directly across from the Coral Marien hotel, dont' worry things are fine!!! There are trees down and branches everywhere but there is no structural damage!

Relax, you will enjoy your honeymoon.

As for Breezes, while I am about 30 minutes from there, I am told there is no substantial damage there either. If I find out different I will send you a PM....

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default riu hotels

Does someone knows if the riu hotels in Maimon have some damage?

Thanks

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Sun Village and Ocean World Park, which are near the Maimon area, reported only minor damages, so would think that the Riu properties fared the same. Jeanne entered Puerto Plata as a tropical storm, not as a hurricane. Mainly a matter of cleanup of branches, which should have been a matter of two days.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Coral Marien

Quote Originally Posted by lathc
    First I hope that all of your families and friends in and around Puerto Plata have not sustained any property damage...more importantly that no one was hurt. I am scheduled to fly into Puerto Plata for my honeymoon on the September 26, 2004 and wondered whether the Marien Coral by Hilton is still standing or if it has suffered damage and so forth. I have tried calling the Hotel but it appears that the phone lines are still down. I would appreciate any information!!!!!!! Thank you very much.

Lathc
    FYI, I called my sister at the Coral Marien last night, phone lines were working. 809 320-1515.. Shouldn't be a problem to get through now.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I'm glad to see that the Puerto Plata area was not damaged badly. A group of my friends and I are arriving next saturday, September 25th. We are staying at the Crown Villas within the Hacienda Resorts Complex. Anyone know if there was any damage there??

Page 2 of 192 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast