Page 3 of 192 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Puerto Plata - Weather Report

Post Thanks / Like

hi i will go in punta cana next 26th sept
    i would like to know how is ti the situation about wether an damage in this area
    thanks all that help me

Post Thanks / Like

Default Playa Dorada

Hi,

We will be staying in the Hoteur Villas Doradas Beach Resort, will this be okay? we have asked the agent and they have said it was not hit, Is the hotel any good and what are the surroundings like. This is our first time to the DR.

Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning

Quote Originally Posted by planner
    Well this is my first weather report! Silly me, I volunteered to help so will do my best.

Today - hot and sunny, not looking like it will rain tonight. Some breeze right now which helps cool things off just a bit......

The sun will set tonight and I'm pretty sure it will come up tomorrow!

Tomorrow - not sure yet, I'll let you know what I see when I open my eyes!
    I am from Belgium. My daughter left september 18 for one week at Bahia Principe in Puerto Plata. Got a very short call from her saying they finally arrived - then line was cut. How is the situation ??? On belgian TV they report on heavy damages and problems for tourists????
    A worried mum !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thank you for your reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Angela Bella
    FYI, I called my sister at the Coral Marien last night, phone lines were working. 809 320-1515.. Shouldn't be a problem to get through now.
    What is your sister's take on what has happpened? Are all the cafes and eating places open and is everything working? More importantly, is she having a good time! Thanks!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Riu Resort in Puerto Plata still operational?

My husband and I will be flying into Puerto Plata on the 25th Sept. to the Riu resort (riu bachata, mambo or merengue). Does anyone know the status of the condition in any of these resorts? We have been saving for a long time for this trip and will be very dissapointed if they cancel us. We do not have travel insurance either. I've tried calling the Riu but doesn't seem to get through. Thanks.

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lisalovlee33
    My husband and I will be flying into Puerto Plata on the 25th Sept. to the Riu resort (riu bachata, mambo or merengue). Does anyone know the status of the condition in any of these resorts? We have been saving for a long time for this trip and will be very dissapointed if they cancel us. We do not have travel insurance either. I've tried calling the Riu but doesn't seem to get through. Thanks.
    Do not think your trip will be cancelled. This area is basically one of cleanup of branches and repairs that can be completed rapidly. Puerto Plata is rapidly getting back to normal.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Puerto Plata

...........seems to be all up and running... we even have power today! From driving around, (yesterday we were in all areas from Playa Dorado to Santiago) except for damage to signs that have to be replaced, everyting seems normal now.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Secrets Excellence

Quote Originally Posted by Dolores
    Do not think your trip will be cancelled. This area is basically one of cleanup of branches and repairs that can be completed rapidly. Puerto Plata is rapidly getting back to normal.

Dolores,

Do you have any damage info on secrets excellence???

many thanks

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

We are going to the Riu resort on those dates also, leaving from Montreal! Any news would be appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by lisalovlee33

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by BeachBound
    We are going to the Riu resort on those dates also, leaving from Montreal! Any news would be appreciated
    Sounds like it's back to normal. Thanks plenty for the information. Much appreciated.

Page 3 of 192 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast