Top 5 Restaurants in Boca Chica

David Dempsey

Jul 3, 2004
Staying non AI in Boca Chica for a week. Could somebody recommend the 5 best restaurants in Boca Chica for me to check out?

Also, any good non AI family hotels other than Zapata?

Thanks!

johnny C

Sep 15, 2004
The best place I have eaten in Boca Chica is Boca Marina. Great service - Great Food and the location is second to none. If you like to swim bring you bathing suit with you.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
4/5 =80% Recommendation

Five is tough to come up with but there are these good ones:

Neptunos, behind the Hamaca and quite near that other place mentioned.

The Swiss place on Duarte next to the coffee stand is good and has A/C

The Chinese restaurant in Hotetur Dominican Bay AI resort is open to visitors and has better than Duarte chinese food if a bit not spicy enough, at fair prices with A/C as well.

A real find is D'Nancy behind the Hamaca (right behind the big building, not via the Hamaca road) and down from the cab stand near the Hamaca

Some people like either Italy Italy or D'Lucien, I find them both medicore , hot and with not good service.

So there's four to recommend.

There is YAO (yet another owner) of the Italian restaurant in Costalunga - Ii ate there twice 2 weeks ago and was quite pleased. Vs. staying there for 4 years and eating there maybe once before in all that time.

For breakfast I suggest Garant which is a bit $ now for RD$150 + RD$40 for juice but it is clean, good service and good well made food.

gas

Jul 28, 2013
I'm dusting the cobwebs from this thread. I'll be in BC for a night or two and pretty much decided on Zapata's for a hotel. Is there any place else recommended?

Back to restaurants... are the restaurants suggested in this thread still open and recommended? Is there anything else I should consider?

Thanks.

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
I'm dusting the cobwebs from this thread. I'll be in BC for a night or two and pretty much decided on Zapata's for a hotel. Is there any place else recommended?

Back to restaurants... are the restaurants suggested in this thread still open and recommended? Is there anything else I should consider?

Thanks.

The Rolling Stone hotel on Duarte is good, close to the Boat House where they have excellent pizza. The restaurants are still the same however Neptune is not as good anymore as it used to be.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
To my mind, finding 5 good restaurants in Boca Chica is like asking for Five Good Restaurants in the Dum-Dum sections of Calcutta, India.....(where they have the "yats" (burning platforms) for disposing of the deceased.....

HB

Julia31

Jan 4, 2012
well the chinese place on duarte probably had the worst chinese food I ever ate ..yuck..no wonder they have to add platanos and chicken to the menu to make it..for breakfast I can recommend the swiss place and the restaurant right across the street..pretty decent food

jinty05

Bronze
Feb 11, 2005
I have to visit Boca Chica the week after next. Is there not one semi decent restaurant to eat in?

To my mind, finding 5 good restaurants in Boca Chica is like asking for Five Good Restaurants in the Dum-Dum sections of Calcutta, India.....(where they have the "yats" (burning platforms) for disposing of the deceased.....

HB

beastwood

Jun 30, 2011
I find the food at the 2 or 3 Italian joints on Duarte passable and reasonably priced. The breakfasts at Pequena Suiza
Is our favorite any where. And we actually had our anniversary dinner there last Feb. they set a special table for us with a
Beautiful bouquet of a dozen roses, that was waiting for us... Did not even charge for the roses.
Trip advisor likes it also.

Dec 26, 2011
they set a special table for us with a
Beautiful bouquet of a dozen roses, that was waiting for us... Did not even charge for the roses.

That's classy. The Swiss are on point.

Mi Coraz?n in Las Terrenas is another proof of that fact.

Last edited:

Deyvi

*** I love DR1 ***
Dec 23, 2009
Pequina Suiza is best for service and atmosphere w/ac. Can't go wrong with their Ribeye, Filet with choice of sauces is my fav. Across the street is great for breakfast etc., has its own bakery. Da'Nancy hasn't had their place behind Hamaca in years. They are on the beach by Hotel Europa. Great place to eat, day or night. Nice atmosphere day or night.Try the seafood soup!!

The place your are thinking of staying is to far from good eateries especially at night. Check out Frank's recommendation.

gas

Jul 28, 2013
We ended up eating at Boca Marina. I give it 4 stars. The food was good to excellent but the view is what made it a great experience. In any event, this will be my only dinner outing - I can't wait to get out of this dump.

Back to Zapata's where I'm staying - frankly, I think it's a $50 hotel at best, more like $35 or $40. The beach proximity and views add to its value, but I really don't care about that. I talked the price down from $110 to $100 and no tax if I paid cash, which I did. The best I could get him to offer was $95 if I stayed 3 nights. The place (and town) seem like it's more than half empty.

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
I have to visit Boca Chica the week after next. Is there not one semi decent restaurant to eat in?

Italy Italy is good. The Boat House has gone down hill in a big way....dirty and food is awful. All restaurants on the beach are overpriced for the quality of food they serve, most are very dirty. It was difficult to find a place to eat and I'm not a picky eater, but the place has to be clean.

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
Pequina Suiza is best for service and atmosphere w/ac. Can't go wrong with their Ribeye, Filet with choice of sauces is my fav. Across the street is great for breakfast etc., has its own bakery. Da'Nancy hasn't had their place behind Hamaca in years. They are on the beach by Hotel Europa. Great place to eat, day or night. Nice atmosphere day or night.Try the seafood soup!!

The place your are thinking of staying is to far from good eateries especially at night. Check out Frank's recommendation.

Actually D'Nancy is where I ended up eating last time I was there, it was the most decent restaurant on the beach. The fried chicken was awesome and they give you tons....I couldn't finish it.