Travelling next week

BeachBound

Sep 13, 2004
I am heading to Puerta Plata on the 25th of September for a week. Would anyone advise against this because of the weather/hurricane/storms?? Thanks so much

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Jeanne is forecast to be at most a hurricane category 1 when it passes the DR. So damage should be minimal if any in the area. Note that Puerto Plata has been spared from hurricanes as far back as I can remember. You will need to keep in touch to find out if other storms are formed. September is the peak month of the hurricane season in this part of the world.

Listerrose

May 31, 2004
BeachBound said:
I am heading to Puerta Plata on the 25th of September for a week. Would anyone advise against this because of the weather/hurricane/storms??

Worry more about the amount of sun block you take, Keep checking the weather but don't cancel your break!

Have a great time!

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Check back in with our Jeanne thread tomorrow. Looks like Puerto Plata will be getting some storm weather, the exception to the theory that no hurricane would affect the north coast. Again, we are talking of a hurricane category 1, so recovery from damages, with few exceptions should be quite quick.