casa de campo weather

vandee

Nov 26, 2003
Does anyone know how hard the hurricane hit Casa de Campo. We have a villa there and would like to know how things are.

Thanks Rick

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
It does not appear to have gone anywhere near that part of the country. Even POP sounds like it didn't do all that badly and that's some distance away. There are many posts on Ivan going right now.

chuckuindy

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
La Romana ? Wind & Rain

vandee said:
Does anyone know how hard the hurricane hit Casa de Campo. We have a villa there and would like to know how things are.

Thanks Rick

I have spoke with my novia 4 times today and apparently La Romana suffered some extensive damage. From what I gathered winds gusted up to 85mph at times with vertical rain penetrating homes and businesses.

Tony lives in a poorer section of the city that is on a slight downhill slope. Her apartment suffered some roof damage and most of their belongings were soaked with as much as 2? of standing water in the apartment. Luckily no one was hurt and she said that all of the neighbors were banding together to provide shelter and food for those in need.

From my own experiences, I know that even a heavy shower floods the streets and threatens poorly constructed buildings and apartments. Lack of infrastructure and storm sewers all add to a miserable situation.

I will be talking to her again tomorrow and hopefully will good news on the clean up process.
Charlie

PS Did you happen to go to college in Nashville?

vandee

Nov 26, 2003
chuckuindy said:
I have spoke with my novia 4 times today and apparently La Romana suffered some extensive damage. From what I gathered winds gusted up to 85mph at times with vertical rain penetrating homes and businesses.

Tony lives in a poorer section of the city that is on a slight downhill slope. Her apartment suffered some roof damage and most of their belongings were soaked with as much as 2? of standing water in the apartment. Luckily no one was hurt and she said that all of the neighbors were banding together to provide shelter and food for those in need.

From my own experiences, I know that even a heavy shower floods the streets and threatens poorly constructed buildings and apartments. Lack of infrastructure and storm sewers all add to a miserable situation.

I will be talking to her again tomorrow and hopefully will good news on the clean up process.
Charlie

PS Did you happen to go to college in Nashville?

Thanks for the information. I went to school in the Northeast.