Boca Chica Damaged ?

ELin3pi2!

May 26, 2004
Are you from there?

danely said:
Any reports on Boca Chica ?? Everything up and running....or trashed out ?

Last time I was there(APR 2002) it was ok, from what Ihear it's still ok specially in the Andres area

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Reports of only minimal damage from Boca Chica and Juan Dolio. Should be quickly back to normal as soon as clean up operations finish.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I was in BC this afternoon. Other than water damage from the rain and sea swell, it looked fine to me.

DunHill

Aug 29, 2003
www.dunhill.ws
Most of Juan Dolio got their electricity back today
Minor damages, some trees, sat.dishes etc down, and some local floodings

Everything will be back to normal soon

(who is gonna clean the BIG mess on the beach)

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Update:

I walked along the beach yesterday and it appears most of the bars are fine, some have very light damage, but all appeared to be open for business.

The main problem is the amount of rubbish (logs, branches) in the lagoon, plus it's a nice dirty brown color. Apparently most of this has come from the East (San Pedro/La Romana) and will take a long time to clean up. If you look out towards the reef wall, it's littered with all sorts of debris.

They had 3-4 trucks and a very large earth mover on the beach scooping up the mess yesterday and my guess is they will be doing this for 2-3 days.

The bars at the Hamaca end have lost even more of their beach this time around, soon they will have no beach!

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
EEKS!!! i am thinking of doing a long weekend the second week of october....i would hate to see the waters of BC brown!!! I dunno...i am seriously thinking of putting off the long weekend till after the hurricaine season is over. That way i could carry over some vaca days and do a full weekn in BC & SD....then travel north and check out sosua and other places.....my mind is already churning