STI to Sosua on Wednesday 9/22?

macmasher

Jul 13, 2004
I'm sure those of you who live in the DR have better things to do than to answer questions from "gringo" guests scheduled to arrive this coming week.

But (the inevitable "But"), I also wonder if anyone has heard anything about road conditions between Santiago (my arrival airport) and Sosua (my destination). Are the roads passable? I had planned on taking the Caribe Tours bus leaving Santiago for Sosua late Wednesday morning.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Maybe Chirimoya can post on this

But by then, you will not have any problem. The Caribe Tours bus takes the mail highway, going through the tunnel, and no landslides were reported in that area.

Enjoy

HB :D

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Chiri checking in!

Pleased to report that the road is fine. We drove from Santiago to Puerto Plata on Saturday afternoon,in a blinding rainstorm which must have been Jeanne's parting shot.

This afternoon (Sunday) we drove back and there were few signs that there had ever been any sort of disruption: the fallen branches had been cleared away from the roadsides and not a drop of rain fell during the entire trip back from Puerto Plata to Santo Domingo.

All in all a fruitful and most enjoyable trip. Will post more later.