Nude beaches

M

mm

Hi! We are a couple that are going to DR - Cabarete in August. Despretly seeking a nude beach. Any input are welcome. Thank you. mm

D

DR One

There are no nudist resorts or beaches in the DR at the present time.

K

Kees

What about top-less?

Is topp-less sun-bathing allowed in DR?

Kees.

L

Loren

Re: What about top-less?

Yes, and it is common at Bavaro Beach. I have seen it at Boca Chica. I dont remember about Puerto Plata / Sosua, someone else would have to tell you. I think its ok everywhere.

P

Phyllis

Yes there are topless sun bathers in Puerto Plata and Sosua area. Although not many.

J

jerry

Was in Boca Chica in February and saw it there. There was only one topless on the whole beach though.

C

Cindy

We went to Allegro Resort Bavaro in Punta Cana. Lots of top-les there

K

Ken

Although it is common to see Europeans topless- it is very disrespectful and inconsiderate to the Dominicans. Please, leave your top on!

L

Loren

especially the ugly babes!! no just joking. It is interesting how you never see Dominican women topless and rarely see American women topless (though occasionally)Its mainly European. Cultural difference, I guess.

My Dominican fiance would never ever go topless at a beach, but she doesnt get offended, she thinks it is hilarious that someone would want to do that. My friend who I took with me to the DR for the first time was videotaping all of that on the beach to show his friends here who wouldnt believe it, and all you hear in the background on the videotape is my fianc? just cracking up at the whole thing.

To each his or her own, I guess. Doesnt bother me none (course I'm not Dominican)

S

scaramooch

Your right Ken, the last time I was in Juan Dolio, on the beach one day, there was an only woman there topless, needless to say she was trying to flaunt nothing that would turn any heads around,I must say that I was more intrigued by some of the women there with their full bathing suits on, then this person trying to flaunt what in my opinion didn,t measure up. I was embaressed for her as also for the dominican women there that are very modest when it comes down to that.Am a believer of "when in Rome do what the Romans do" but in this case Juan Dolio is a long ways from there.