How are the roads between Punta Cana and Miches?

Diana Boyle

Sep 19, 2004
We are newly relocated to the D.R. and were planning to take a road trip (This Thursday, Sept. 24-Sunday, Sept. 27) from Santo Domingo, through Bayahibe, and along the coast up to Miches. Can anyone give us a road report? Is this trip feasible after Jeanne?

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Note: Portions of the road were questionable before the storm. The are locations of small bridges and culverts that were barely passable before the storm. I would suggest these locations have been further damaged or washed out completely. We will need an eyewitness account to confirm status.

Regards,
PJT

reracked

Sep 26, 2003
Tried to reach Punta Cana from La Romana through Miches and had to stop 15 km passed Miches due to a bridge washed away.

Ohioguy

Aug 9, 2004
curious.....about how long do locals think it will take in the DR for bridges to be repaired or rebuilt?

Just wondering how quick or slow projects like these happen after natural disasters/floods...do repairs get made more quickly in big resort areas that need the continued influx of foreign tourists/vacationers?

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Ohioguy said:
curious.....about how long do locals think it will take in the DR for bridges to be repaired or rebuilt?

Just wondering how quick or slow projects like these happen after natural disasters/floods...do repairs get made more quickly in big resort areas that need the continued influx of foreign tourists/vacationers?

Things definately get done faster in resort areas. I understand there are crews already working on preparing the crossings to get the bridges installed. My boyfriend just called to let me know that he'd arrived in Punta Cana (went by plane from Sto. Dgo., only way in) and that things haven't changed much since Sunday. Everyone in Punta Cana is basically waiting for the bridges to be installed to get back to their normal life...