Ocean Bavaro Beach Resort

Azn_dude

Sep 17, 2004
Hi, I am new to this board. Does anyone have a damage report of the Ocean Bavaro Beach Resort? I will be staying there during the week of October 19, 2004.

Thanks for all your help and info.

P.S. sorry for the double post. I wasn't sure where to post this. Thanks again.

vickster

Sep 21, 2004
Just returned from Ocean Bavaro Resort - Sept. 21/04

Hello Azn_dude:

I just returned from Ocean Bavaro Resort. I was there from Sept. 13th - Sept. 20th. The resort is doing well. The hurricane (Jeanne) did some damage to the resort but the crews have cleaned it up quite quickly. I was very impressed with how well the staff were handling the situation. Some rooms/buildings were damaged but I would guess that over 80% of the rooms are fully functional.

We were without electricity, water, telephones, TV and internet off and on for the 2 days following the hurricane. We were provided with hot meals, drinks, entertainment, etc. the whole time though. The staff really did a good job of making the best out of a bad situation. Our roof leaked and it rained for more than 48 hours following the hurricane but we just used a lot of plastic glasses to catch the water and dealt with it. What else can you do?

However, there are more hurricanes predicted for the DR and the Caribbean. Hurricane Lisa is on her way now I hear. You should check out www.hurricanecentral.com on a regular basis. August/September I have heard are the months for hurricanes in this area of the world. I would hope by the time you leave that the season will be over.

Ocean Bavaro was a fabulous resort by the way. In fact, people from other resorts were brought to ours following the hurricane because ours was almost fully functioning with a couple of days after the hurricane hit.

If you have any more questions about the resort, you can email me at vbrown@eppcon.com. To keep up to date with the weather reports though you should check out the hurricane websites.

Hope your trips turns out well.

Vicki

Azn_dude said:
Hi, I am new to this board. Does anyone have a damage report of the Ocean Bavaro Beach Resort? I will be staying there during the week of October 19, 2004.

Thanks for all your help and info.

P.S. sorry for the double post. I wasn't sure where to post this. Thanks again.