Gran Paradise Bavaro

Roobear

Sep 20, 2004
Hi everyone...

I just spoke to our tour rep, and apparently GPB is running at 100%...but the air canada website says its not, and only offering limited services.

Anyone know anything more concrete? Also, what about the road from the airport to the resort? I'm not familiar with this side of the island, only been to POP. Is that bridge that is no more part of the regular route?

We are scheduled to leave Toronto on the 26th, and we've decided if the planes are going, and the beach and rooms, and food/drink services are fine at GPB, we're going!

Thanks to anyone who knows anything!

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Hans Dannenberg, of the Ministry of Tourism, who surveyed the area told me that the Gran Paradise suffered no damages (outside of the usual minor effects on landscaping).

Roobear

Sep 20, 2004
Thanks for your quick response...

I've heard from others that after a hrurican the beach and ocean are usually a mess. Does anyone know if this is the case? And if so, how long till the waters clear?

Sounds like a silly question, based on all the problems the resorts are going through...but I've been dreaming about that blue ocean for weeks!