Question about Puerto Plata

Status
Not open for further replies.

TorontoGuy

Sep 20, 2004
Hi there, me and my girlfriend were planning to go to Puerto Plata on Oct 2. We were staying at Breezes. I was just wondering if anyone knew what kind of damage if any was sustained close by, or what the beach looks like now near the resort.

We've heard mixed reviews and just want to make sure we have the fun time we want to, being our first trip out of North America together.

We also had a question about Tipping. Now we've been told we don't NEED to tip at the resort, but we've also heard its always helpful. We have also heard that the maids etc like recieving small gifts instead of tips as well, of things they can't get in the DR. What kind of things would be suggested?

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
TorontoGuy said:
Hi there, me and my girlfriend were planning to go to Puerto Plata on Oct 2. We were staying at Breezes. I was just wondering if anyone knew what kind of damage if any was sustained close by, or what the beach looks like now near the resort.

We've heard mixed reviews and just want to make sure we have the fun time we want to, being our first trip out of North America together.

We also had a question about Tipping. Now we've been told we don't NEED to tip at the resort, but we've also heard its always helpful. We have also heard that the maids etc like recieving small gifts instead of tips as well, of things they can't get in the DR. What kind of things would be suggested?

Regarding tipping, please read this thread http://www.dr1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33875 . I'm sure you'll get all your answers there.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
TorontoGuy said:

No you NEED to tip because tipping for service persons is the right thing to do, and since the AI's pay them dick and you make a lot more than dick. And I agree read the (long) thread and tip in cash. The service will be better and more importantly your karma will be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.