Cab fare from Playa dorada 2 Cabarete

Status
Not open for further replies.

killa_lipz

Aug 21, 2004
Hi! Im going to Puerto Plata in December (staying at the Fun Royale in Playa Dorada) and I was wondering if anyone could tell me an approx. taxi fare from there into Cabarete. Also if anyone has any info on the Fun Royale it would be appreciated (1st time in DR)..Thanx!!

stormer

Apr 27, 2004
killa_lipz said:
Hi! Im going to Puerto Plata in December (staying at the Fun Royale in Playa Dorada) and I was wondering if anyone could tell me an approx. taxi fare from there into Cabarete. Also if anyone has any info on the Fun Royale it would be appreciated (1st time in DR)..Thanx!!

Cab would run you $25USD give or take.

killa_lipz

Aug 21, 2004
cab fare

hey Stormer, thanks for the response! Would that be for a return trip or no? Would u know if they offer shuttle buses into Cabarete from PD?
Thanx.

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
killa_lipz said:

You can take a "gua-gua" (public van) which runs about 15 pesos. I might be off by a few pesos because I own a vehicle here. Also you can take a public car which is a little more then a gua gua. Beware that the gua gua can be very crowded. But if you wish to save the $25 then this is a good bet. If you insist on a round trip you can inform the taxi driver that it is a round trip. Always get the taxi number and name of the taxi driver.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Guagua vs public car

DominicanScotty said:
You can take a "gua-gua" (public van) which runs about 15 pesos. I might be off by a few pesos because I own a vehicle here. Also you can take a public car which is a little more then a gua gua. Beware that the gua gua can be very crowded. But if you wish to save the $25 then this is a good bet. If you insist on a round trip you can inform the taxi driver that it is a round trip. Always get the taxi number and name of the taxi driver.
Guaguas (vans) are to be avoided, if at all possible, as they are fleet vehicles, driven by young delinquent maniacs.
The public cars (caro publico) charge a few pesos more, but are a lot safer, as they are driven by the owner or one of his family or close friends.
It should cost 30 pesos, (less than 1 US dollar) per person, from Playa Dorada to Cabarete.
You can even negotiate a deal with an empty public car, to take just you and your group, straight to your destination, without picking up other passengers, for approx. 300 pesos, (less than $10 US).

stormer

Apr 27, 2004
just a thought........

killa_lipz said:
hey Stormer, thanks for the response! Would that be for a return trip or no? Would u know if they offer shuttle buses into Cabarete from PD?
Thanx.

What you could do is always book a tour of some kind to Cabarete, and the hotel Fun Royale, often does shopping tours into that area.

:glasses:

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
Rocky said:
Guaguas (vans) are to be avoided, if at all possible, as they are fleet vehicles, driven by young delinquent maniacs.
The public cars (caro publico) charge a few pesos more, but are a lot safer, as they are driven by the owner or one of his family or close friends.
It should cost 30 pesos, (less than 1 US dollar) per person, from Playa Dorada to Cabarete.
You can even negotiate a deal with an empty public car, to take just you and your group, straight to your destination, without picking up other passengers, for approx. 300 pesos, (less than $10 US).

That's why we don't use the daggone things. But...the tourists do... live and learn! I get a laugh at the gringos stuffed into a gua gua with 20+ people in it in 90 degree + heat. All to save a few pesos? Argh!

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
DominicanScotty said:
That's why we don't use the daggone things. But...the tourists do... live and learn! I get a laugh at the gringos stuffed into a gua gua with 20+ people in it in 90 degree + heat. All to save a few pesos? Argh!

Its an experience to be done once. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.