victoria hotel/resort

Mr Fi Real

Sep 21, 2004
Hi there very worried about my up coming holiday to the Victoria Hotel.
does anyone know 1. what it is like usually? and 2. has the hurricane damaged it at all if so in what way?
I will be arriving on the 4th october!
Thanks a worried traveller

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Victoria House?

Mr Fi Real said:
does anyone know 1. what it is like usually? and 2. has the hurricane damaged it at all if so in what way?
Do you mean Victoria House in Sosua?
If so, nothing to worry about.
All is well.

stevefromdonny

Sep 21, 2004
Mr Fi Real said:

We are travelling to the same resort in Playa Dorada on Tuesday (28th) and we are getting married there on the 8th October, so any information concerning this would be great. Especially if you can tell me its totally undamaged and is going to be non-stop glorious sunshine for two weeks from the 28th!!

C u there I'd imagine Mr Fi Real

Steve & Liza

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Damages minor to Playa Dorada hotels, where the Victoria is located, just some landscaping. Most probably you will not notice the storm passed.

Mr Fi Real

Sep 21, 2004
Goodluck

stevefromdonny said:
We are travelling to the same resort in Playa Dorada on Tuesday (28th) and we are getting married there on the 8th October, so any information concerning this would be great. Especially if you can tell me its totally undamaged and is going to be non-stop glorious sunshine for two weeks from the 28th!!

C u there I'd imagine Mr Fi Real

Steve & Liza

Sounds like you should have nothing to worry about apart from, the normal
wedding day nerves, hope all goes well may see you around the resort.

Delroy & Nana :nervous:

CaroMel

Sep 17, 2004
Stevefromdonny

Are you the Steve and Liza we met at Las Galeras earlier this year?

Mel and Carol

stevefromdonny

Sep 21, 2004
Car A Mel said:
Stevefromdonny

Are you the Steve and Liza we met at Las Galeras earlier this year?

Mel and Carol

Sorry Mel & Carol. We're Dominican virgins! Must be someone else!

Steve & Liza

CaroMel

Sep 17, 2004
Stevefromdonny

:classic: :classic: Steve and Liza

You'll have a fantastic holiday, We've been out there 5 times in 18 months, and liked it so much we bought some land on our last visit and will start to build next year in Las Galeras.

When the two of you get there, do yourselves a big, big favour and get out and about outside your resort. The scenery is fabulous, and is only outshone by the people who are just the best you'll meet anywhere on this planet.

Enjoy ;)

Mel and Carol (Luton UK)

chiquittabanana

Feb 11, 2004
Worry about my holiday too!!!

Mr Fi Real said:

I am going there tomorrow from Toronto at 4:45... I was going to SD,, but Signature vacations switched the trip,, as the resorts in SD area are incomunicado (Bridges are down).

Does anybody have any information on the Victoria? I am travelling solo and don't know much about the area,,,I was there last time about 10 years ago. Any information will be great!!!!

Chiquitta Banana

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
chiquittabanana said:
I am going there tomorrow from Toronto at 4:45... I was going to SD,, but Signature vacations switched the trip,, as the resorts in SD area are incomunicado (Bridges are down).

Does anybody have any information on the Victoria? I am travelling solo and don't know much about the area,,,I was there last time about 10 years ago. Any information will be great!!!!

Chiquitta Banana

Only the resorts in Bayahibe are affecetd by the bridge that links Santo Domingo. Santo Domingo hotels are fine. But probably you would have landed at Las Americas International, thus the problem.

If you have not been to Puerto Plata, don't worry. Puerto Plata offers lots of interesting complementary activities.
Check out the links (left sidebar) to Puerto Plata, Playa Dorada, Sosua and Cabarete. http://dr1.com/travel/index.shtml