Any news for Sirenis Cocotal/Tropical ?

TonyR

Sep 21, 2004
Hello
I am travelling to DR on 4th Oct to the above hotel but have no news about condition etc. Tried to gain info from my travel agent who knows nothing (seriously - you would think nothing had happened in the DR if it were up to them!) and also e-mailed the hotel itself with no reply as yet (i understand that they will be very busy right now).
If anyone has any info at all it would be appreciated.
From any past experience how long does a hotel/resort take to recover from a hurricane like this and what can i expect if hotel is open (i.e. excursions etc).
Thanks in advance.

jackums

Sep 18, 2004
Sirenis Cocotal Uvero Alto

Check again with Travel Company. My parents arrived home today and say the resort will be closed for some time.
The roof in the reception has collapsed and many rooms have been damaged by flood water. The beach has also been damaged.
They had alot of praise for the hotel staff ( not the managements ability to plan) who tried to keep things as "normal " as they could. As for their tour operator - My Travel -they said they felt abandoned. The rep was useless crying all the time and lying. They were told that they could not be evacuated yet all non british tourists left by buses on Friday and the Brits were left until Sunday