Sunscape Punta Cana Grand Resort

ginaceci

Mar 9, 2004
Does anyone have any undate regarding this resort? 50 of use are planning on going to this resort on Oct 3 thru Oct. 10 for a wedding. Any information will be gladly appreciated. Thank you!

Lizard

Sep 22, 2004
I'm in the same boat. I'm getting married @ Sunscape on October 5th. I was pulling my hair out until yesterday because the Sunscape was incorrectly on the list of closed resorts.

I and my travel agent have both been in contact with Signature Vacations (our carrier), the Dominican Tourism Board, and the hotel itself (including my wedding co-ordinator Danny Ortega and the PR department) and both say the hotel is up and running, never was closed, and the damage has been cleaned up and repaired.

I'll believe it when I see it of course but I've been told we're good to go for our October 2nd departure.

Hope this reassures you.

:)

iluvvac

Sep 22, 2004
Sunscape

Lizard said:
I'm in the same boat. I'm getting married @ Sunscape on October 5th. I was pulling my hair out until yesterday because the Sunscape was incorrectly on the list of closed resorts.

I and my travel agent have both been in contact with Signature Vacations (our carrier), the Dominican Tourism Board, and the hotel itself (including my wedding co-ordinator Danny Ortega and the PR department) and both say the hotel is up and running, never was closed, and the damage has been cleaned up and repaired.

I'll believe it when I see it of course but I've been told we're good to go for our October 2nd departure.

Hope this reassures you.

I am booked at Breezes, but they will be closed during my scheduled arrival. I am considering the Sunscape Punta Grand & my travel agent also tells me that things are fine there. Hopefully someone on the ground will have better information, as I hold my breath just like everyone else.

ginaceci

Mar 9, 2004
Lizard said:

Hope this reassures you.

Thank you very much for your information because the wedding that we will be attending is on October 6th and I will also be celebrating my honeymoon. Hopefully we will see you there!!!

babygirl722

Jun 14, 2004
Sunscape

I hope the information you received was accurate. Just read a post on TripAdvisor.com boards from someone who just returned. He reports major damage to the resort and said it would be closed for the next 30 days.