Occidental Grand Flamenco - Punta Cana - Closed

Lejean

Sep 19, 2004
I just had news from my touroperator. We normaly were leaving for Occidental Grand Flamenco (Punta Cana) the 25th september, but today we got the news that the Flamenco is not ready to receive guests. Another resort / Hotel will be chozen ( to be descided tomorrow ).

Through the forum I also understand that, the pools are closed for service at least for a week. Although no structural damage was reported, the roofs of some buildings apparently aren't waterproof anymore. Water seems to have flooted several builings and damaged the walls.

Apparently Sunjets, our touroperator is going to send us to another resort in Punta Cana ... sigh ( The Riu has been mentioned ). I'm not sure that's a good idea. I'm still having a lot of questions about the repairs, the supply of food, ...

Any input ? anyone ?

Thanks

Jan

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Lejean said:
I just had news from my touroperator. We normaly were leaving for Occidental Grand Flamenco (Punta Cana) the 25th september, but today we got the news that the Flamenco is not ready to receive guests. Another resort / Hotel will be chozen ( to be descided tomorrow ).

Through the forum I also understand that, the pools are closed for service at least for a week. Although no structural damage was reported, the roofs of some buildings apparently aren't waterproof anymore. Water seems to have flooted several builings and damaged the walls.

Apparently Sunjets, our touroperator is going to send us to another resort in Punta Cana ... sigh ( The Riu has been mentioned ). I'm not sure that's a good idea. I'm still having a lot of questions about the repairs, the supply of food, ...

Any input ? anyone ?

Thanks

Jan

I assume by the brighter report you posted at http://www.dr1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34951 that you actually did make it to Flamenco.

Lejean

Sep 19, 2004
Grand Flamenco is OK

In deed

Seems some people got a bit exited

everything here is back to normal

cheers