Princess Resorts Status?

Shanley

Sep 11, 2004
Hi,
I have a vaction booked at the Tropical Princess in Punta Cana leaving on October 21. I was wondering if anyone knows the current status of this resort as all I can find out is that they are 90% operational with some areas requiring 30 days for repairs. Air Transat won't tell me anything, I can't get a hold of my travel agent, and I can't for the life of me remember the URL for the official site. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Shanley

Sep 11, 2004
Bad News

Here's what the Resort e-mailed me regarding damages.

Dear client,

As per your request I must inform you that we have closed our Tropical Princess Hotel and we will re-open it at 1st of november.

In this hotel damages for flooding are considerable. For all that, our commitment with service and quality and the strong will to operate in a responsible way, make us decided to close temporally in order to re-open in the most efficient conditions.

At present, we are operating with our Punta Cana Princess Hotel at 100 % during this period of closing of the other 3 hotels. An option that we pretend to provide with a 5 stars hotel services because this hotel would recieve all the support of staff and Activities Program of the other Princess Hotels closed. Reservations in Tropical Princess will be taken by our Punta Cana Princess.

If you have any doubt do not hesitate to contact us again.

Sincerely,

Giovanni Monsalve M.
Asistente de Ventas - Sales Assistant
Princess Hotels & Resorts, Dominican Republic
Playa B?varo