Air Cda Vacations Cancels Bahia Principe PC Sept. 26

tommygrrrl

Sep 20, 2004
I don't know if anyone else already posted this, but I just don't have time to search right now. Just got in from a crap day with a splitting headache to hear a msg on my machine stating that Air Canada Vacations has cancelled the trip leaving Sept. 26 for Bahia Principe Punta Cana. I'm so disappointed, was really looking forward to it.

Previously on the ACV web site, BP was listed as one of the hotels that never had to close, but now it's on the list of resorts that are operational with limited services. The ACV site is www.aircanadavacations.com and the info is under "latest news".

If you are booked with another vacation co. for this same trip, I'd advise giving them a call to see if it's still on, as it may be a decision made individually by various tour cos.

Good luck everyone!

sunnyvillas

Blocked due to spamming
Apr 29, 2003
tommygrrrl said:
I don't know if anyone else already posted this, but I just don't have time to search right now. Just got in from a crap day with a splitting headache to hear a msg on my machine stating that Air Canada Vacations has cancelled the trip leaving Sept. 26 for Bahia Principe Punta Cana. I'm so disappointed, was really looking forward to it.

Previously on the ACV web site, BP was listed as one of the hotels that never had to close, but now it's on the list of resorts that are operational with limited services. The ACV site is www.aircanadavacations.com and the info is under "latest news".

If you are booked with another vacation co. for this same trip, I'd advise giving them a call to see if it's still on, as it may be a decision made individually by various tour cos.

Good luck everyone!

I must say, even though the packages or the air fares are a bit more expensive from ACV at times, but they always keep you updated and do give one the better charter services to the Caribbean.
I have worked with them as an agent since 1986 and they do updates all the time via emails or faxes to their agents all over the country.

Just my 2 cents:)))

tommygrrrl

Sep 20, 2004
sunnyvillas said:
I must say, even though the packages or the air fares are a bit more expensive from ACV at times, but they always keep you updated and do give one the better charter services to the Caribbean.
I have worked with them as an agent since 1986 and they do updates all the time via emails or faxes to their agents all over the country.

Just my 2 cents:)))

Yeah, ACV has been great at updating their info, and they're being very accommodating in trying to get us into another package elsewhere since this is the only week we can take vacation time. We'll have to come to the DR next year instead :cry: but hopefully we'll be on a sunny beach elsewhere next week anyway!

carolina_22

May 31, 2004
Hi Tommygrrl! Im sorry to hear that! I understand that you must be very disapointed!!! But like Sunnyvillas said..acv is doing their best to accomodate their passengers and since the hotels in punta cana are not 100% operationnal, they prefer not to send anyone there as they might not be satisfied!! Im working for acv myself and trust me this is the best decision to take. I guess you were offered to report your trip to later dates or change destination? Thx and have a great day!

NubeLuz

Jul 23, 2004
tommygrrrl said:

Good luck everyone!

Actually tommygrrrl,
The whole Air Canada flight has been cancelled for this week end and next week end to PUJ. They are even sending a special plane to pick up all the remaining passengers in PUJ. This is really better that way as most of the hotels that ACV offers are affected by hurricane Jeanne. I'm sure you will be able to re-book new dates or new destination and this way, you will be able to fully enjoy your vacations. Good luck ! ;)

NubeLuz -xxx-