Any information on the Caribe Club Princess?

lkiddell

Sep 22, 2004
Greetings,
My family and I are staying at the Caribe Club Princess and I have read both Good & Bad reviews. We are leaving in mid November, I just hope for all of us that are visiting DR in the near future, that any damages to all the Resorts are cleaned up and back to order very soon.
I would appreciate any recent reviews (within the last year).
Thanks,
Laurie

LWN

Sep 22, 2004
lkiddell said:
Greetings,
My family and I are staying at the Caribe Club Princess and I have read both Good & Bad reviews. We are leaving in mid November, I just hope for all of us that are visiting DR in the near future, that any damages to all the Resorts are cleaned up and back to order very soon.
I would appreciate any recent reviews (within the last year).
Thanks,
Laurie

We are booked up for the Caribe Club Princess also, but not until February. however, two years ago we were also booked to go to Puerto Vallarta when our hotel there was badly damaged by a hurricane. It was almost 1 year after the hurricane before the hotel was up and running. Our travel agent ended sending us to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic...and I am so happy they did as it is a beautiful country...you will love it!
Because of the lack of information coming from the hotel, I have a fear that the Caribe Club Princess will not be opened on November 1st as they have predicted.
Good Luck anyway, and if everything is up and running, you will have a wonderful vacation.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
I would think they would be open for the established date. Damages in Punta Cana were primarily from flooding, sand and to the landscape, and access roads, not so much to the structure.

It is possible that the hotel decided to close to take advantage of insurance money to carry out a major renovation in order to offer improved services to guests for the next winter season.

Keep in touch with DR1 as your arrival date comes nearer for posts on how things are coming along at the hotel.

See http://dr1.com/travelnews/status.shtml

LWN

Sep 22, 2004
Dolores said:
I would think they would be open for the established date. Damages in Punta Cana were primarily from flooding, sand and to the landscape, and access roads, not so much to the structure.

It is possible that the hotel decided to close to take advantage of insurance money to carry out a major renovation in order to offer improved services to guests for the next winter season.

Keep in touch with DR1 as your arrival date comes nearer for posts on how things are coming along at the hotel.

See http://dr1.com/travelnews/status.shtml

Thanks Dolores, I will keep checking. Please keep us posted on the condition of Caribe Club Princess. Thanks for your help.
LWN

rhondalynn

Oct 16, 2004
LWN said:

Thanks Dolores, I will keep checking. Please keep us posted on the condition of Caribe Club Princess. Thanks for your help.
LWN

I too have booked for The Caribe leaving on Nov 20th. I'm quite anxious to hear if anyone has been there since the hurricaine. Keep the subject up and running for me too please..........When did you book?

justwed

Nov 3, 2004
Update on the Caribe

rhondalynn said:
I too have booked for The Caribe leaving on Nov 20th. I'm quite anxious to hear if anyone has been there since the hurricaine. Keep the subject up and running for me too please..........When did you book?

My Husband and I just got back from the Punta Cana Princess on Oct. 31. which is just next door to the Caribe, the damage at the Caribe is quite extensive, there are a lot of windows broken and all the furniture is sitting outside, the pools are drained, and the roof on the main theater as well as some of the rooms has been torn off. They are working on it every day, but it doesn't look like much is happening very quickly. We were relocated from the Bavaro Princess to the Punta Cana Princess due to the damage of the Bavaro, the Punta Cana Princess is beautiful, so if you are relocated there as well, don't worry you will still have a wonderful time.

rhondalynn

Oct 16, 2004
justwed said:
rhondalynn said:

My Husband and I just got back from the Punta Cana Princess on Oct. 31. which is just next door to the Caribe, the damage at the Caribe is quite extensive, there are a lot of windows broken and all the furniture is sitting outside, the pools are drained, and the roof on the main theater as well as some of the rooms has been torn off. They are working on it every day, but it doesn't look like much is happening very quickly. We were relocated from the Bavaro Princess to the Punta Cana Princess due to the damage of the Bavaro, the Punta Cana Princess is beautiful, so if you are relocated there as well, don't worry you will still have a wonderful time.

Oh my!! So what will happen when you get there? Will they take you to the other resort? And does THE PUNTA CANA PRINCESS have alot to offer, I mean is it really nice there? Is everything working?
now I'm sooo worried.
Thanks for the info.

nursekez

Oct 13, 2004
rhondalynn said:
Oh my!! So what will happen when you get there? Will they take you to the other resort? And does THE PUNTA CANA PRINCESS have alot to offer, I mean is it really nice there? Is everything working?
now I'm sooo worried.
Thanks for the info.

Hi,
My wife and I just got back from Punta Cana on Nov 4 and we really loved it! We were origanally booked into the Tropical Princess, which is right next to the Caribe Club Princess but both are still closed for repairs (they seem to be doing more renovations than repairs). We were transfered (upgraded) to the Punta Cana Princess. The rooms at the Punta Cana Princess are nicer and everything there is working just fine. The place was beautiful! You couldn't tell that a hurricane had hit a month before. We contacted our travel agent after we heard about the hurricane and a short while later she got back to us telling us that we had been transfered to the Punta Cana Princess. We didn't have to change any of our bookings, the resort had automatically taken care of it. All three Princess resorts are in the same compound. In fact it's all connected and only a 1 - 2 minute walk between each resort. There are restaurants that you share among the 3 resorts so you end up seeing all the resorts anyways.

Once you land and get your luggage, there are airline agents as you head outside and they will direct you to the right bus for your resort (Caribe Club, Tropical or Punta Cana Princess is all the same bus). As I mentioned earlier, check with your travel agent to make sure that the paper work (tickets, vouchers, etc) that you have (or you are going to get) is going to work. Ours did and they didn't have to issue anything new.

Here's a couple of tips that might make your vacation even more relaxing than it's already going to be:
1. Take lots of small US bills, 1s and 5s. Maybe $70 - $100 worth. We had a hard time getting change from the front desk (or anywhere for that matter).
2. DON'T, I repeat, don't go to the Plaza Bavara Shopping Center. It's made up of about 25 tourist souvenir shops and they all carry exactly the same thing. And the salesmen are very agressive. Do your tourist shopping from the stores on the beach. They carry exactly the same things as well. The salesmen are still agressive but you are outside and can get away/ignore them easier. We were able to barter with them to get a price that was approx. 1/3 of thier starting price. There are a bunch of shops on the beach about a 5 minute walk north of the resort.
3. Relax. Everything is going to be fine and you're going to have a wonderful time.

Hope this information helps.
Chris

rhondalynn

Oct 16, 2004
nursekez said:
Hi,
My wife and I just got back from Punta Cana on Nov 4 and we really loved it! We were origanally booked into the Tropical Princess, which is right next to the Caribe Club Princess but both are still closed for repairs (they seem to be doing more renovations than repairs). We were transfered (upgraded) to the Punta Cana Princess. The rooms at the Punta Cana Princess are nicer and everything there is working just fine. The place was beautiful! You couldn't tell that a hurricane had hit a month before. We contacted our travel agent after we heard about the hurricane and a short while later she got back to us telling us that we had been transfered to the Punta Cana Princess. We didn't have to change any of our bookings, the resort had automatically taken care of it. All three Princess resorts are in the same compound. In fact it's all connected and only a 1 - 2 minute walk between each resort. There are restaurants that you share among the 3 resorts so you end up seeing all the resorts anyways.

Once you land and get your luggage, there are airline agents as you head outside and they will direct you to the right bus for your resort (Caribe Club, Tropical or Punta Cana Princess is all the same bus). As I mentioned earlier, check with your travel agent to make sure that the paper work (tickets, vouchers, etc) that you have (or you are going to get) is going to work. Ours did and they didn't have to issue anything new.

Here's a couple of tips that might make your vacation even more relaxing than it's already going to be:
1. Take lots of small US bills, 1s and 5s. Maybe $70 - $100 worth. We had a hard time getting change from the front desk (or anywhere for that matter).
2. DON'T, I repeat, don't go to the Plaza Bavara Shopping Center. It's made up of about 25 tourist souvenir shops and they all carry exactly the same thing. And the salesmen are very agressive. Do your tourist shopping from the stores on the beach. They carry exactly the same things as well. The salesmen are still agressive but you are outside and can get away/ignore them easier. We were able to barter with them to get a price that was approx. 1/3 of thier starting price. There are a bunch of shops on the beach about a 5 minute walk north of the resort.
3. Relax. Everything is going to be fine and you're going to have a wonderful time.

Hope this information helps.
Chris

Thank you very much Chris, yes it does help. i guess I'll need to call my travel adgent........

rhondalynn

Oct 16, 2004
rhondalynn said:
Thank you very much Chris, yes it does help. i guess I'll need to call my travel adgent........

You said you were upgraded.......to a suite? Was that for free?