travel to SD from Pta. Cana

chiquittabanana

Feb 11, 2004
I will arrive in Pta. Cana on Saturday at 10 AM,, I was just told that the bridge in La Romana is down... but again,, my parents (who told me) go by the word of "some". Is this true? If so,,, how can I get to SD.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Right now the only way to get to Santo Domingo is by plane. Cost is of approx. US$100. As for the roads being ok by Saturday, I doubt it...

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
KateP said:
Right now the only way to get to Santo Domingo is by plane. Cost is of approx. US$100. As for the roads being ok by Saturday, I doubt it...

The government has said there will be a crossing by Saturday, 25 September. If this does not happen at that time we will post the new date.

I am sure all efforts are being made to get the landlink in place.

Bridges

Bailey bridges are quickly installed and work quite well, I assume this is what they are going to put in temporarily. Most Bailey bridges are assembled and installed in a matter of days by a small crew. Common hand tools are utilized. All connections are pinned, bolted or clamped. No welding is necessary. Disassembly is similarly easy, and components can be stored in minimal space until reused. Bailey bridges are often installed by the cantilever launching method, in which the assembled bridge together with a ?launching nose? is rolled out across the gap, without falsework or heavy equipment. The cantilever method allows bridges to be quickly erected over rivers or deep gorges. Additionally, some Bailey bridges may be hoisted into place by crane.

Last edited: