Palace vs Beach Resort

J

Jason

A group of us have decided to stay at the Barcelo Bavaro Resort in Punta Cana in late January 2000. I have read all the reviews but I am still unsure about what the actual advantages and disadvanatages are by staying at the Palace Resort vs. the Beach Resort. Anyone know how much more the Palace is over the Beach Resort? And what would be a better fit for a group in their late 20's early 30's.

L

Loren

You will be at basically the same place, in a different building. There are a couple of restaurants at Bavaro Palace that are not all inclusive if you are at one of the other buildings (you can still go but you will have to pay extra)There are so many restaurants and the quality is basically the same, that will be a non-issue. You can go to the show and hang out in the Palace if you want to; the biggest difference I can see is the lobby is fancier. My fianc? has stayed at both and she says there is no difference in the rooms, service or what you get.

You are actually at the very same resort with the same facilities anyway. I loved the place and will go back, but I wont pay extra for the Palace. As far as age appropriateness, I am 31, and my fianc? is in her mid 20's. You will have a great time. There is not much to see in that part of the country away from the resort, though. Get to the capital at some point though, while you're still young enough to enjoy it. My brother (26 yrs old) and I go every 2 months, more or less.