Which Resort is better?.....

TorontoGuy

Sep 20, 2004
Hey everyone. Me and my gf are going to POP on Oct 2 and were trying to decide between 3 resorts we've found good deals for. Being as it's our first trip to the DR, we really arent sure of what any of the resorts are like.

the 3 resorts are:

Breezes Puerto Plata

Bahia Principe San Juan

Gran Ventana Beach Resort

Some things to concider..... we're both early 20's, and prefer a fun, nightlife atmosphere. As much as we're going away to "relax".. we'd rather have alot of choices of what to do, as opposed to being limited to sitting by the pool or on the beach all day. Also, we are not sure which of the resorts were hardest hit by Jeanne.

Any help, opinions, or comments are greatly appreciated :)

stormer

Apr 27, 2004
Just a thought "Breezes" POP, is a very well used resort and worn looking resort. In the pool there are moldy pool tables! Gran Ventana is a good choice.

Nelly

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Sosua Bay Club!!! Within walking distance to many clubs. I know it wasn't on the list but if you feel the necessity to say in an AI then do it in Sosua.

sunnyvillas

Blocked due to spamming
Apr 29, 2003
TorontoGuy said:
Hey everyone. Me and my gf are going to POP on Oct 2 and were trying to decide between 3 resorts we've found good deals for. Being as it's our first trip to the DR, we really arent sure of what any of the resorts are like.

the 3 resorts are:

Breezes Puerto Plata

Bahia Principe San Juan

Gran Ventana Beach Resort

Some things to concider..... we're both early 20's, and prefer a fun, nightlife atmosphere. As much as we're going away to "relax".. we'd rather have alot of choices of what to do, as opposed to being limited to sitting by the pool or on the beach all day. Also, we are not sure which of the resorts were hardest hit by Jeanne.

Any help, opinions, or comments are greatly appreciated :)

Well, if you want an opinion, I would say fiorget the resorts and go to Cabarete and enjoy the country to the fullest, instead of satying behind the walls of the AI resort.
Also keep in mind, since you are in your 20's, that the resorts do not allow visitors on site from outside.
As a travle agent, I hate to say that, but I think you would be much better off in the place like MAgnifico on the DR funnest beach of Cabarete.
Need more help , just contact me!!!!
DR is a wonderful country to enjoy and discover and teh AI resorts are not the best places to strat to get the feel on it.
Just my 2 cents!