Victoria Resort Puerto Plata

Status
Not open for further replies.

chiquittabanana

Feb 11, 2004
I posted this at the worng place,,, maybe I will get a reply here.

I am going to the Victoria resort tomorrow from Toronto at 4:45... I was going to SD,, but Signature vacations switched the trip,, as the resorts in SD area are incomunicado (Bridges are down).

Does anybody have any information on the Victoria? I am travelling solo and don't know much about the area,,,I was there last time about 10 years ago. Any information will be great!!!!

Chiquitta Banana

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Well, first off, it is "Chiquita" Banana...

Now, about Victoria Resort. It is on the Playa Dorada Complex, a very lovely place with lots of friendly people. You will have a wonder amount of attention from the local Sankies, and the beaches are really great. You are also in an area where there are tons of tings to do.

You can get out and about for pennies, and renting a taxi for the day to explore is not at all out of the question. There is one gentleman, Wilson, that is famous among poster here for his language skills and his promptness and knowledge of the area.

You have Sosua and Cabarete just to the east for parties and more parties..And there are two or three discos in the Comples right there where you are.

HB :D:D

stormer

Apr 27, 2004
not directly on the beach

chiquittabanana said:
I posted this at the worng place,,, maybe I will get a reply here.

I am going to the Victoria resort tomorrow from Toronto at 4:45... I was going to SD,, but Signature vacations switched the trip,, as the resorts in SD area are incomunicado (Bridges are down).

Does anybody have any information on the Victoria? I am travelling solo and don't know much about the area,,,I was there last time about 10 years ago. Any information will be great!!!!

Chiquitta Banana

Its not right on the beach.......but that won't matter! You will have a fabulous time. Get out and meet the people. ;)

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
www.yourtraveltickets.com
I was thinking about that exact package.
I could have booked it for $655 CDN including $222 taxes.
Great deal but the weather here in Toronto is as good as it gets and after a not so great summer I want to enjoy this as much as possible while I can.
Plus I'm sure the ground is very saturated there which is not good for golfing.
I also don't like the late flights.
You lose most of the first day plus you may lose your room around noon on the last day which would suck considering your 9:30PM flight home, not to mention getting back around 1:30AM.
I will head down next month.
Some reviews on Debbies and some resort info. can be found on the Selloff site.
The forcast looks pretty good.
Have a great trip.

http://www.debbiesdominicantravel.com/travel11.html
http://www.selloffvacations.com/home.htm
http://wwwa.accuweather.com/adcbin/...lata,+Dominican+Republic&Submit=Find+Forecast

Status
Not open for further replies.