Travel from Santo Domingo to Santiago

jack0063

Sep 24, 2004
Will be travelling to Santiago in February 2005 with church missions team :: group of 20 people + load of luggage (2 x military duffel per person plus personal carry-ons). We normally fly into Santiago, but connections from our small town do not look so good this year (same with Puerto Plata) -- am considering fying into Santo Domingo.

How can I get information (schedule, fares, booking instructions, etc.) for bus service from Santo Domingo to Santiago? Caribe tours web site doesn't show fares; found a link to Metro Tours that was broken.

Appreciate any advice on alternatives --- thanks!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
With that much stuff, you might consider hiring a bus to pick you up at the airport

I am sure that this can be done with little hassle.

Espinal, Atardecer Mae?a, Metro (most expensive) and Caribe Tours offer this type of service. Snd I just remembered that there is a guy just up the street from me that can give me an estimate. I'll post back here tomorrow. He has A/C buses with little trailers for luggage. Services the airports.

HB :D:D

The reason being that it will cost an arm and a leg to get from the airport in Santo Domingo to Santo Domingo proper, it's a 45 min-1 hr trip.Bus will be: 20 x 200(?) pesos = RD$4000 SDQ-STI. Plus say, 7 or 8 taxis at RD$500 or 800 a pop is another RD$4500-6400..

I'll get back to you with a budget..

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
What I found out

Transporte Jim?nez (papirucho63@msn.com) offers a service from Santiago to POP for about RD$4000 for a group that size,...

Smaller units for families and the like run between RD$1500 and RD$1700 depending on the size of the family..

These are STI-POP airport to Playa Dorada prices...

HB:D:D:D