Hurricane Damage Rectification Progress

l1matt

Sep 27, 2004
My fiancee and I are to arrive at secrets for our honeymoon in approximately 5 weeks. I spoke with our travel agent and she stated they have not canceled any apple AI to the DR. She told me she is calling each day and she sends me e-mails. We were told the damage was only landscape. Although, after watching the news about a couple's room being looted by the DR police I have become a bit concerned. Any feedback on this would be much appreciated.

CindyP71

Sep 20, 2004
l1matt said:
My fiancee and I are to arrive at secrets for our honeymoon in approximately 5 weeks. I spoke with our travel agent and she stated they have not canceled any apple AI to the DR. She told me she is calling each day and she sends me e-mails. We were told the damage was only landscape. Although, after watching the news about a couple's room being looted by the DR police I have become a bit concerned. Any feedback on this would be much appreciated.

Matt, Apple Vacations just informed me this morning that they are canceling all flights to the DR scheduled to leave tomorrow. Because you have Apple behind you, I believe you should be in good hands. I called our hotel last week and they said the hurricane missed them (even tho it tour apart the resort to the left and right of them). A friend of mine who is a travel agent spoke highly of Apple and the fact that if it wasn't up to standards, they would cancel the trip or send you elsewhere. Keep your eye on the weather because the hurricane season should be over in 5 weeks, but if the DM continues to get slammed by future hurricanes, I would see if there was any way to change your location. The DR is not as clean (when it comes to sanitation anyway), so what they consider to be fine would not be in US standards.

Have you considered a cruise to Hawaii? We went there on our honeymoon and it was awesome... we didn't do the cruise tho, but I just received an e-mail from Holland America which stated that a 15-16 day Hawaii cruises start from $1,499.00 per person (leaving from San Diego) The dates they provided were 11/5/04, 11/20/04 & 12/6/04. For more information you can go to www.hollandamerica.com. Just a thought.

Good luck!