Santo Domingo nighclubs/disco

Werner

Feb 19, 2004
Going to Santo Domingo soon again. Looking forward to it of course but it seems that as everywere else in the world the hot nightclubs are closing as fast as they started.

Can somebody give me a little update of clubs were they play good house music? Maybe some internet sites of clubs?

Thanks! ;)

Warm regards,

Werner

Apreton

Sep 26, 2004
I can recommend a couple of places:

1. The Doll House strip bar on El Malecon (Avenida George Washington 557).
2. Two night clubs in Plaza Atarazana next to each other.

I would not go to La Cuerva Taina. It is a club inside a real cave, nice looking but pricey ($7) by their standard. It was empty when I went there.
For some local flavor you can go to a bachata (local slow music) place on El Malecon straight down from El Parque de la Independencia.

JDub

Apr 7, 2003
Apreton said:

I would not go to La Cuerva Taina. It is a club inside a real cave, nice looking but pricey ($7) by their standard. It was empty when I went there.
For some local flavor you can go to a bachata (local slow music) place on El Malecon straight down from El Parque de la Independencia.
wow they charged you alot to get in that place. I don't remember even payin a cover. I guess it depends what night you went on. Anyways, he's right about the vibe cause it's not that great. It's mostly for tourists so there's a crazy mix of music. There was alot of people when I went, but it was because of my friends graduation party. Bottles of Brugal Extra Viejo are about RD$700 so be ready to dish out some cash. The best place in SD is la Zona Colonial. Many places to choose from so just in case one place is dead, you can hop to the next spot. Hope you have fun bruh.

SugarBear

Oct 4, 2004
Santo Domingo nightclubs/disco

I agree with Apreton,
I was at GUACARA TAINA on March 25,2004.It was good as a TOURIST ATTRACTION only.The ladies were stuck-up,and kept asking for free drinks from the hombre de Jamaica(note,no matter how many times I told them I was African-American,they felt if you're Black,a foreignor,and speak fluent Spanish you HAVE to be from Jamaica or Haiti). The price was the equivalent of $8 U.S.If you want to go.Go take some snaps of the cavern,and then check out one of the other good clubs that the others recommend.If you like Rap/Hip-hop,and Dancehall,check out the "FUSION ROSE". It is at the end of EL CONDE as you approach the river.

Peace! :cool: :cool: :cool:

Apreton said:

JDub

Apr 7, 2003
I can vouch for Fusion Rose also. It was hands down the best place I went to in August. I wish they woulda had more dancehall tunes, but hey you can't have it all. The drink prices were decent and they didn't charge much for cover. I think we payed RD$100 for the guy and we got the ladies in for free. Get friendly wit the bouncer the first time and he'll let you in for free next time around. Also, the male bartender in the back of the club is pretty "friendly" so take a female friend to flirt with him and you can get some free drinks.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Praia, Tao Room played some good house when I was there a couple months ago. Also Abacus in the Colonial Zone.

Also, check out calendar on www.809k.com for party events with DJ's like Deep Dish (coming up in two weeks again, party in the cave 2002 was unreal!), Nick Warren, Lawler, Acosta, Kleinenberg. They usually rent a site at the River (Rio Isabela) or they rent the cave for these events.