Palladium hotels (former Fiesta) are open

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Bill Chlebek
bchlebek@fiesta-hotels.com

Writes to DR1:

Please be advised that the Palladium / Fiesta hotels located in Punta Cana DID NOT cease operations as was reported on DR1.COM. For your information, the three hotels remained operational during and immediatley after the storm - and in fact - took in guests from other hotels. The hotels have been in operation thru the entire period in which DR1.COM was reporting that they were in fact closed.

Prior to DR1.COM issuing an update with what is important information, the sources used by DR1.COM should take the time to verify the accuracy of that information as it can have an adverse effect on business - due to inaccurate reporting that borders on negligence.

Obviously, because what DR1.COM had posted was in direct conflict with the realities of the situation - as it relates to the Palladium Bavaro, Palladium Palace and the Fiesta Beach - there has been confusion in the marketplace for consumers, retail travel agents and tour operators.

For your information the Director of the Palladium / Fiesta hotels in Punta Cana, Jorge de la Vieja, should be the one and only source in which DR1.COM uses when determining exactly what the status of the hotels are at any given time along with a physical visit by someone from DR1.COM.

Again, the three Palladium / Fiesta hotels are and have been in operation.

dominicanflea

Aug 28, 2004
Palladium/Fiesta Hotels
"September 21 - Forunately we are operating, we are offering all our services to our guests. Our restaurant and lobby roofs are affected by leakings but we are working on it. We hope that in max. two days we are 100% operative."

To add to what is here, this is off of Debbies Dominican Travel

ruby

Sep 22, 2004
Palladium hotels

I really have to comment on this subject. I begged and pleaded for info on this property. Whoever this person is who commented at Fiesta Palladium - YOU WAITED TOOOOO LONG. We were really looking forward to this vacation at their property (rebook for Oct 10 or 17). I called direct, emailed direct, emailed head office, called tour operator, emailed tour operator, begged all you people for info and the info just wasn't there!

He/she claims this sight is being negligent? What??? I was getting to the point of wanting to hear anything - even lies would do - I am so frustrated. We booked another destination yesterday (I'm just reading this now). Perhaps it is they who are being negligent.

I am so frustrated with this situation and am truly ashamed of myself for selfishness when people and their families have suffered from this devastation.

Gdog123

Sep 25, 2004
This is great news! I will be heading to the Palladium Palace near the middle of November. :)