Arriving to Puerto Plata

Status
Not open for further replies.

JA68

Sep 29, 2004
I am trying to figure out best/cheapest way to get to Puerto Plata...
Several Questions:
1) How long does it take from Santo Domingo to Puerto Plata by bus? how much?
2) How much is a taxi from Bus Station in Puerto Plata to Hilton Coral Marien?
3) How much is a taxi from POP airport to Hilton Coral Marien?
4) Does Coral Marien has a free shuttle from airport to hotel?
5) How long from Sto DOmingo to Santiago by bus?
6) How long from Santiago to Pto. Plata by bus?
7) How much is a taxi ride from Santiago bus station to Coral Marien? how long?

I still don't know if I should fly into Sto Domingo or POP (or maybe even STI) from US. Any suggestions? I am trying to save, of course.

Thanks, Jose

Minni

Sep 14, 2003
1) How long does it take from Santo Domingo to Puerto Plata by bus? how much? About 31/2 to 4 hours
2) How much is a taxi from Bus Station in Puerto Plata to Hilton Coral Marien? Should be very inexpensive if you get a public taxi.
3) How much is a taxi from POP airport to Hilton Coral Marien? About 20US
4) Does Coral Marien has a free shuttle from airport to hotel? Don't know.
5) How long from Sto DOmingo to Santiago by bus? 2 hours
6) How long from Santiago to Pto. Plata by bus? 1 hour maybe more depending on traffic7) How much is a taxi ride from Santiago bus station to Coral Marien? how long? Don't know.

If you fly into SDQ take the Caribe Tours bus. You need to take a taxi from the airport to the bus terminal. You will probably save money flying into SDQ. POP is always more expensive unless you get one of those AA deals. Here's the link to the bus company.http://www.caribetours.com.do/

Bartolomeo67

Mar 18, 2004
Hi Jos?,
1/ approx. 4 hours but you also have to count the time from the SDQ airport to either Caribe Tours or Metro Bus Terminal in center of SD which is about 45 minutes plus 1 hour waiting time before the next bus leaves for POP.
Taking into account getting off the plane, customs and luggage and your taxi to Coral in Playa Dorada, you have to count at least 7 hours by public transport.
Metro Bus is a better option heading towards Santo Domingo since they have less stops than Caribe Tours. POP direction it is the same.
Cost of the bus is approx. R$ 220 = 6-7 U$
Cost of the airport taxi to bus terminal is approx. 25-30 U$
2/ public taxis will drop you off along the highway at the entrance of the Playa Dorada complex which is quite a long way off the hotel entrance.
Private taxis at bus terminal should cost no more than R$ 400 = 10-12 U$
3/ about 20 U$
4/ ?
5/ I don't see why you would take the bus only to Santiago and then continue by taxi to POP. Coral Marien in Playa Dorada is on the other side of POP, not on the Santiago side.
6/ approx. 1 hour
7/ You would better take a taxi from STI airport directly to Playa Dorada if you are flying into STI. Should be 50 U$ or more.

As you can see, timewise your hotel is a long way from Santo Domingo airport.
Make sure the discount is worth all the hassle if you decide to fly into SDQ.

Bartolomeo

johnsr

Bronze
Apr 13, 2002
3) How much is a taxi from POP airport to Hilton Coral Marien? $25.00 US
4) Does Coral Marien has a free shuttle from airport to hotel No

Status
Not open for further replies.