URGENT:current state of SECRETS EXCELLENCE Punta Cana??

tanjamaria

Sep 22, 2004
hi there
can anyone (who was there) give me RELIABLE information about the current state of Secrets Excellence?
and about the surrounding region of the hotel (roads passable?) I have just booked a flight for Oct 13th.
Has the hotel really already reopened? PICTURES from the hotel itself after Jeanne would be helpful!
how did you experience the management & staff?
thanks a lot!!! greetings from austria

Ohioguy

Aug 9, 2004
check out tripadvisor.com

type in Secrets Punta Cana and scroll to the bottom of the page to view the messageboards....there have been some good reports over the past couple of days.....seems they worked double-time to get the resort back up to standards

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Keep up the bold face and overly large fonts though vs. calling the travel agent or tour company about the status.

Reasons # 486-487 to avoid AI's at all costs, they take forever to clean up after a littlle rain and won't give you an ounce of decent info if they are open or not.

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
rick, have you considered starting a new thread with your complete list of reasons not to stay A-I?

mob

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Rick, Rick, Rick

ricktoronto said:
...Reasons # 486-487 to avoid AI's at all costs, they take forever to clean up after a littlle rain and won't give you an ounce of decent info if they are open or not.

Admittedly the OP is being a bit over the top with the "bold face and overly large fonts" but you are equally extending the use of hyperbole to the ridiculous by calling a Cat 1 or Cat 2 hurricane (I honestly don't remember the strength) "a littlle rain".

As for "taking forever to clean up"; Secrets claim on their website www.secretsresorts.com/storm_update/storm_update.htm that the necessary repairs were effected in a week and that they are fully open.

Whether the information is accurate or not time will tell but since the information sought was available from the resort website your claim about lack of information is misplaced and should rightly be directed at the OP for not using the resources available. Oh yes, you did do that mixed in with your anti-AI rhetoric.

Rick, I often enjoy your posts as you are a wealth of information about those aspects of the DR of which you have good solid information. Unfortunately your anit-AI stance at virtually every opportune and inopportune moment make those postings little more than semi-intelligible ravings as you do not have a credible basis from which to comment. Your AI experience(s) are neither current nor broad-based (as I recall your own contentions) and consequently are out of date and touch with the current experience. Having been to one once (a phrase not an accusation) does not make you an expert on AIs.

I am not looking for an arguement about this but IMHO your most recent AI hyperbole was just too far out to be left alone.

As an AI expert you make a great knowledge source for the South Coast (non-AI, that is).