rental of home

AQUACHEM11

*** Sin Bin ***
Aug 12, 2004
i purchased a home 18 months ago and have completed installing fences and have gardening work done, now my question is i would like to rent this house and would like to know what this involves, and what the procedures are etc. i have heard so many stories about renting and losing your home that it is making me nervious can some fill me in on this thanks mr wong

Lynda

Jan 8, 2002
Where and how much?

I am interested in renting on the north coast in about 12 months from now. Where and how much? I am a Canadian lady about to retire, looking forward to winters in the DR.

AQUACHEM11

*** Sin Bin ***
Aug 12, 2004
Lynda said:
I am interested in renting on the north coast in about 12 months from now. Where and how much? I am a Canadian lady about to retire, looking forward to winters in the DR.
it is in gated community in the altos arroyo hondo section of the capital

Fabio J. Guzman

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
www.drlawyer.com
This is a repeat of a previous post.

Dominican law is very protective of tenant rights. Eviction of a tenant is only possible in the following causes: (a) failure to pay rent, (b) misuse of the premises, (c) subletting if prohibited by the lease, (d) the owner will use the property. Note that expiration of the lease is not listed. If the tenant keeps paying the rent you cannot evict just because the lease has expired.

Evictions for failure to pay rent are not that difficult. Generally the tenant that?s not willing to pay rent won?t hire a good lawyer either to delay the proceedings.

Evictions under (d) are a long drawn-out process since the first step is a conciliation hearing at which tenants are regularly given months if not years to look for alternative dwelling.