Sankie or Resort Worker Talk

dee2123

Sep 3, 2004
My friend and I were saying yesterday that it would be hilarious if all the guys here in the US actually spoke the way the resort workers do all the time. It sure would make the nights out a lot more interesting. The guys here barely open their mouths, including the Dominican men I know. At least the resort guys make an effort. Sometimes, it's just fun to listen to.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Have you ever heard the phrase " bullshit baffles brains" ? :cross-eye

But you are right, in let's call it North America men are so terrified of talking to a women in a bar or elsewhere that women don't get to hear the smooth lines very much. So people that don't get out much or have never had lines used on them will think that they must be special when they do hear it at a resort or anywhere else in the DR.

You just need to know when it's real.

Kaizen68

Aug 25, 2004
chivalry is not dead...!

dee2123 said:
My friend and I were saying yesterday that it would be hilarious if all the guys here in the US actually spoke the way the resort workers do all the time. It sure would make the nights out a lot more interesting. The guys here barely open their mouths, including the Dominican men I know. At least the resort guys make an effort. Sometimes, it's just fun to listen to.
In defense of my gender (and my Dominicanos abroad), have you given any thought, that perhaps the Dominican men you associate with in the states happen to be lame-os?, another words, they're not outgoing simply because they have no social skills?, as a well-mannered American with Dominican descent, I believe in giving flowers, compliments, nice dinners and nights out etc, without any hidden agendas or expectations whatsoever(strictly for the fun of it all). I thik the politically correct term is metrosexual? (in tune with your femenine side?); your sankies from resorts are business men, their efforts are just that DINERO...! mine and other professional Dominicans are simply honest and caring...

Last edited by a moderator:

dee2123

Sep 3, 2004
Anna Coniglio said:
Have you ever heard the phrase " bullshit baffles brains" ? :cross-eye

But you are right, in let's call it North America men are so terrified of talking to a women in a bar or elsewhere that women don't get to hear the smooth lines very much. So people that don't get out much or have never had lines used on them will think that they must be special when they do hear it at a resort or anywhere else in the DR.

After reading the posts on these message boards, I can't believe that it would ever be real. I'll stick to my vacation motto: I'll pay for mine, you pay for yours, and if you want to pay for mine, that's fine too. ;)

toneloc24

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
You're kidding me, right???

The resort workers and sankies are tri-lingual. They speak Spanish, English, and cow language. How can we compete with that?

Guess I'll go to a US bar or club and open a conversation with this line, "Mooo!!!" How's that for an effort? :p

dee2123 said:

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
might work

dee2123 said:

If I give you the great lines in the US will you pay for the drinks, and cabana?

Maybe they are afraid that you are after free drinks and that's all!!!! :tired:

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I have seen the book they used to learn English. I wish I had a copy handy to quote from. It spells everything out completely phonetically but in an atrocious Latin American accent, like 'biyuriful' for beautiful. It has to be seen to be believed.

xamaicano

Apr 16, 2004
toneloc24 said:
The resort workers and sankies are tri-lingual. They speak Spanish, English, and cow language. How can we compete with that?

Guess I'll go to a US bar or club and open a conversation with this line, "Mooo!!!" How's that for an effort? :p

That is just wrong. :laugh:

dee2123

Sep 3, 2004
toneloc24 said:

Well then, maybe the girls that speak cow language are already getting all the action. Unfortunately, I don't. Can you teach me?

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Anna Coniglio said:

This is so true. Us North American men have been beaten down by womens lib and the like to the point where it is inappropriate for us to attempt to be charming and "forward". Oftentimes, I am out here in the US and will find myself talking with or standing next to a woman who strikes me in some way ( I don't mean with her hand, things are not that bad here yet). I might feel compelled to compliment her beauty, or her smile, or the way she carries herself....but I dare not! American women do not want that from an American man. Him doing so is treating her like an "object" and not a person. Him complimenting her is undermining everything that women have worked for in their attempt to achieve "equality" with men. I mean, how dare he? Besides, Oprah Winfrey says so! The women in the US tell the men what they want and when they want it. For the man to take initiative and play the role of a "man" is wrong and in todays western world, he is being "sexist".

HOWEVER, once that woman LEAVES U.S. soil, she leaves the North American man behind. NOW, she does not have to worry about him being a threat to her as a "modern day Oprah Winfrey watching woman who brings home the bacon". So, when the greasy, slimy, broke sankie working at a resort strolls up and tells her she is "biyuriful", she loves it! She is ecstatic!! Then she laments, "but these guys are so charming, and American guys are so boring :( ".

What a screwed up bunch American Women are. No wonder they are all on prozac or starving themselves on diets or getting plastic surgery or something. Thank God I discovered Dominican women.

Larry

Last edited:

toneloc24

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
dee2123 said:
Well then, maybe the girls that speak cow language are already getting all the action. Unfortunately, I don't. Can you teach me?

If you're getting action in DR, just live with it. Be happy. Please do not be that typical North American woman, and begin to question "How?" "Why?" "Who?" "What?" "Where?" Just enjoy the ride.

But since you're wondering, I don't speak cow language, nor do I want to. It's a sankie/resort-worker chameleon-like learned behavior. If you were to look around, they aren't very particular with whom they speak cow. So long as there is dinero involved. Hope you weren't feeling "special."

In the US bars and clubs, the silent dudes probably just gave up, or they made their choice. Sounds like beer made for better company/conversations than the alternative.

dee2123

Sep 3, 2004
Larry said:
This is so true. Us North American men have been beaten down by womens lib and the like to the point where it is inappropriate for us to attempt to be charming and "forward". Oftentimes, I am out here in the US and will find myself talking with or standing next to a woman who strikes me in some way ( I don't mean with her hand, things are not that bad here yet). I might feel compelled to compliment her beauty, or her smile, or the way she carries herself....but I dare not! American women do not want that from an American man. Him doing so is treating her like an "object" and not a person. Him complimenting her is undermining everything that women have worked for in their attempt to achieve "equality" with men. I mean, how dare he? Besides, Oprah Winfrey says so! The women in the US tell the men what they want and when they want it. For the man to take initiative and play the role of a "man" is wrong and in todays western world, he is being "sexist".

HOWEVER, once that woman LEAVES U.S. soil, she leaves the North American man behind. NOW, she does not have to worry about him being a threat to her as a "modern day Oprah Winfrey watching woman who brings home the bacon". So, when the greasy, slimy, broke sankie working at a resort strolls up and tells her she is "biyuriful", she loves it! She is estatic!! She laments, "but these guys are so charming, and American guys are so boring :( ".

What a screwed up bunch American Women are. No wonder they are all on prozac or starving themselves on diets or getting plastic surgery or something. Thank God I discovered Dominican women.

Larry

Larry,
I don't know what kind of US women you have come across but I have never seen more than 3 full episodes of Oprah in my life. I think it would be great if a man would compliment me; on my personality, my individuality, my style and my grace.
I did not say that the cheesy lines that these men use would ever work on me. I was simply saying that listening to it is amusing.
Like someone said before, you have to know what's real and what's not.
Intelligent women like myself know when to laugh and walk away, back to the 'real' men that we know and love.
And I do agree with you about the Prozac, diets and surgery. Our society has one messed up perception of how women are supposed to look. The only diets and Prozac in my house belong to the cat.

Chiquita

Oct 3, 2004
Why is everyone getting so hostile!! Just face the fact that you went on vacation had a great time and made some new friends. IF you go back you can fun again adn so on....Like it was said before the resort workers are paid to entain women and ensure they are having a good trip!! Who cares if what they are telling is true, because either way you still fall for it and enjoy your time with them!! LADIES JUST DON'T LET THEM TAKE ADVANTAGE OF YOU UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF!

toneloc24 said:
If you're getting action in DR, just live with it. Be happy. Please do not be that typical North American woman, and begin to question "How?" "Why?" "Who?" "What?" "Where?" Just enjoy the ride.

But since you're wondering, I don't speak cow language, nor do I want to. It's a sankie/resort-worker chameleon-like learned behavior. If you were to look around, they aren't very particular with whom they speak cow. So long as there is dinero involved. Hope you weren't feeling "special."

In the US bars and clubs, the silent dudes probably just gave up, or they made their choice. Sounds like beer made for better company/conversations than the alternative.

toneloc24

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
@Chiquita

I wasn't being hostile, at least it wasn't my intent.

Just trying to bring a bit of humor to the subject from an American male perspective. I have no idea how any of you ladies here physically look, well except for a few.

Now if you want really hostile, just check out the sankie threads. :p

dee2123

Sep 3, 2004
toneloc24 said:

I'm a grown woman with a life full of responsibilities. I don't have time to be asking how, why, who, what and where.
I always feel special cause I am.
And I always enjoy the ride, no matter what country I'm in ;)

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
It's a game of survival

dee2123 said:
Now imagine if you were on an island, broke, uneducated with no hope in sight. Then imagine that you landed a job working where all the gringas/gringos go. What do you do? You learn how to bull****! That's what you do. If the guys you already know were in this position believe me they would learn how to bull**** as well. These guys are trying their best to get off this island and sweet talking gringas as yourself is the way to do it. Let's face it, it is a lot better then attempting to take a boat across the Strait of de la Mona. It IS a game of survival! Have fun with these wonderful talkative sankies!

Last edited:

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
Larry, Larry, Larry

Larry said:

HOWEVER, once that woman LEAVES U.S. soil, she leaves the North American man behind. NOW, she does not have to worry about him being a threat to her as a "modern day Oprah Winfrey watching woman who brings home the bacon". So, when the greasy, slimy, broke sankie working at a resort strolls up and tells her she is "biyuriful", she loves it! She is ecstatic!! Then she laments, "but these guys are so charming, and American guys are so boring :( ".

Larry

You know that and I know that. Now let's get back to what we enjoy best which is what brought us to this wonderful country to begin with. Because it is BIYURIFUL! Agreed? Great...enjoy and leave all of that politically correct BS behind! We are never correct there so let's leave the BS where it belongs and let these ladies be baffled by the BS!

xamaicano

Apr 16, 2004
dee2123 said:

If you're white and you limit your dating pool to poor black men (same social class as sankies) in states they'll treat you same way as they do in DR and if you pay their way even better. The solution to your problem is to date sankies in the states, too.

dee2123

Sep 3, 2004
xamaicano said:
If you're white and you limit your dating pool to poor black men (same social class as sankies) in states they'll treat you same way as they do in DR and if you pay their way even better. The solution to your problem is to date sankies in the states, too.

I'm not white and at the moment I don't even date men.

I love when ignorant fools reply to these postings.