Cabarete Property Demolition - followup

rdost

Feb 13, 2004
I haven't seen any posts on the properties that were demolished on the Cabarete/Sosua road lately. I see that barbed wire fence is now erected on much of that property.

So even though most people have said that someone mistakenly bullldozed many of the properties down, this same person has erected fence around the whole area....which means that person is not recognizing it as a mistake but is instead claiming it.

Does anyone have additional information now as to who was behind it, what the basis is of their claim, and what the current status is? I have heard 2 specific names and one of these is associated with a foreign company.

I have heard 2 stories on this but want to see if anyone has facts on it.

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
another AI?

rdost said:
I haven't seen any posts on the properties that were demolished on the Cabarete/Sosua road lately. I see that barbed wire fence is now erected on much of that property.

So even though most people have said that someone mistakenly bullldozed many of the properties down, this same person has erected fence around the whole area....which means that person is not recognizing it as a mistake but is instead claiming it.

Does anyone have additional information now as to who was behind it, what the basis is of their claim, and what the current status is? I have heard 2 specific names and one of these is associated with a foreign company.

I have heard 2 stories on this but want to see if anyone has facts on it.

While I don't have specifics on the company, what I heard is the property has been purchased by a developer to build a resort. 300 units have been built just up the road on the other side of the highway to house the displaced squatters.

rdost

Feb 13, 2004
sweetdbt said:
While I don't have specifics on the company, what I heard is the property has been purchased by a developer to build a resort. 300 units have been built just up the road on the other side of the highway to house the displaced squatters.

Does anyone know which resort it is that bought up that area?

Lechero

Aug 11, 2004
Starz Resorts is the suspect ........ also building the "Convention Centre" in Sosua. Many posts on this subject on this board.