Mail to DR

Chiquita

Oct 3, 2004
Hola muchos y muchas
I was just wondering if anyone has sent anything to DR by mail in the month? Does anyone know if there mail system is up and running normally yet? I've found it hard to communicate with people I know there..just wondering if anyone was experiencing the same problems, with emails, mail or phone calls....

Muchas Gracias

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Regular mail service to an from the DR is a continuing problem. Most of us who live here use a courier service like EPS or Business Mail. During Leonel first term as President, the mail service improved significantly, to the point the courier services started to wonder if they had a future. But it deteriorated very badly during previous administration and too soon for Leonel to do much to restore it, assuming he plans to.

Bartolomeo67

Mar 18, 2004
No specific problems with mails and phonecalls to the DR encountered lately here from Europe.
I don't know which kind of people you are trying to contact but often dominicans don't have the money to recharge their cellphone cards or don't review their hotmail account regularly and thus their mailbox gets full with spam and noone can contact them anymore. That is a problem, yes.
Bartolomeo

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
small correction

Bartolomeo67 said:
No specific problems with mails and phonecalls to the DR encountered lately here from Europe.
I don't know which kind of people you are trying to contact but often dominicans don't have the money to recharge their cellphone cards or don't review their hotmail account regularly and thus their mailbox gets full with spam and noone can contact them anymore. That is a problem, yes.
Bartolomeo

Since both of the primary wireless phone services, Verizon and Orange, provide free incoming calls, it is not necessary to have time on the card to reach them. The problem there is more likely with the phone's battery needing charged. Hopefully this will improve as the power companies get paid and service returns to some semblance of normalcy.