cell phone service in dr in punta cana

kristine2378

Sep 18, 2004
i will be in puj for nye this yr and i have t-mobile service
t mobile told me my phone will work over but for me to aviod roming charges i need to get a sim card from dr with a t mobile sign on it
does anyone know of any dealers in punta cana where i get the sim card
thanks

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
If it is a GSM phone a card from Orange might work, since Verizon/Codetel phones don't have SIM cards and I am pretty sure T-Mobile is not in the DR.

You can buy a Orange or Veriszon phone there for not a whole lot anyway so if it is critical to have a phone it may be easier to do that. If you get a new SIM card you realize that you get a new DR phone #, right? Your phone won't ring with calls from the USA. If you just have to call the USA a bit a calling shop is far simpler than a cell phone , and cheap too.

Sorry the shift or Caps key on your computer doeesn't work, as well.

kristine2378

Sep 18, 2004
well t-mobile they have service there that all i have to is put the simms card in my phone and get t mobile to unlock the phone and entr a code and it will work

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
kristine2378 said:
well t-mobile they have service there that all i have to is put the simms card in my phone and get t mobile to unlock the phone and entr a code and it will work

A new SIM card contains a new phone #, so it depends on what you want - to use it to make calls and not roam, you still have to pay somehow- I am not sure T-Mobile IS in the DR but you would have to buy prepaid cards, and if not then it would have to be billed on your T-Mobile account at home. If you have to receive calls from the USA (to your old #) they will cost a lot as you pay the bidirectional cost and not use a SIM card.

If you just want to make calls it may be a lot simpler and a lot cheaper (to say nothing of finding T-Mobile in Punta Cana) to call out from a calling store which are plentiful.