Changes in Non-visa entrance for tourist

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
Now tourists are allowed to stay with their 10 USD Tourist Card only for 15 Days.

VISA NOT REQUIRED FOR A MAX. STAY OF 15 DAYS PROVIDED HOLDING
TOURIST CARD. TOURIST CARD IS ISSUED ON ARRIVAL. FEE: USD 10.
EXTENSION POSSIBLE FOR A STAY OF 90 DAYS. FEE OF DOP 62.40.
FURTHER EXTENSIONS POSSIBLE. PHOTO'S NOT REQUIRED.

VISITOR MUST HOLD:
- RETURN OR ONWARD TICKET (ONE-WAY TICKET ALLOWED IF BORN IN
DOMINICAN REP. OR IF BEING FOREIGN MINOR BUT TRAVELLING
WITH PARENTS WHO ARE NATIONALS OF DOMINICAN REP.); AND
- ALL DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR NEXT DESTINATION.

STIOP

Jun 11, 2004
Dominican Babe said:
This isn't new - it's been 15 day max on a tourist card for some time.

True!!!!.. has been working that way for a couple of months here in STI

More than 7 months to be exact...

cr8tions

May 20, 2004
STIOP said:
True!!!!.. has been working that way for a couple of months here in STI

More than 7 months to be exact...

Yep, if I am not mistaken the law was put into play on Feb. 15 if I am not mistaken. Supposedly, thats what the customs agent at STI told me. At first I thought this was a crock of **** just like another scam they are pulling on the innocent travelers but I guess its legit this time. Maybe someone should call the head office in DR and find out if it legit because paying 5 bucks extra for staying more then 15 days is kinda outragous. I know $5 isn't nothing but when multiplied by every person who is staying more then 15 days it starts to add up.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Hey Aviastar!

Can you check your up to date sources and see if Pearl Harbor (in Hawaii USA) was invaded by the Japanese, say in the last 60 years or so?

This 15 day tourist card thing is at least 6 months old if not longer and the subject of maybe 20 threads including the overstay fees. You gotta read your TIAMTIC or whatever more often. Or read the posts here.

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
ricktoronto, i am so sorry that this messages caused you this mental problem and now you can't sleep because of it, relax, it is not the end of the world. :eek:

Dec 9, 2002
Can you check your up to date sources and see if Pearl Harbor (in Hawaii USA) was invaded by the Japanese, say in the last 60 years or so?
Too funny :laugh: :laugh: You crack me up sometimes Rick!

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Hey Aviastar, Having Withdrawl?

It wasn't causing me any loss of sleep but I am amazed how the two of you constantly have to post when there are no airplane nerd rumours floating around, in this case it is a really current bit of 9 month old info covered a hundred times.

And to the other poster you don't pay $5 (e.g RD$160 or so) for being within the original 90 day date vs. the new 15 day date, you pay RD$64 which makes the whole thing even more pointless since they are getting almost no additional revenue and causing untold people to queue up to pay this token overstay "fine". And extorting made up sums from them by hiding the sign with the actual fee which only hits around RD$1000 for an overstay of five years.