presidente beer or brugal rum in the uk??

chella

Aug 19, 2004
hello....
i was wondering if anyone knew if it was possible to get presidente beer or brugal rum in the uk or over the internet......id like to surprise my boyfriend for his birthday with a few drinks from the motherland...
ive looked over the internet with no luck yet if anyone knows anymore , or if this is going to be an imposible task?????
your help would be grately apreciated..... :confused:
thanx.....

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Wow, I just had a look into the Presidente site and all I can say is thank goodness I am not epileptic! :knockedou

On the question of Presidente and Brugal in the UK, I would say probably not. We've had the question crop up once or twice in the past and the best I could do was to suggest you get someone travelling to the UK from Spain to get hold of some Brugal for you. Brugal and Barcelo can be found everywhere in Spain these days. Presidente - not as far as I know.

Dec 9, 2002
Sorry Chella, you won't be able to get either here in UK. Believe me, I've tried - I think it would be easier to find Lord Lucan!

chella

Aug 19, 2004
i think ive done the impossible!!!!

hello people......

i think ive done the imposible and found some one who imports presidente to europe and the uk if you want it!!!!!!
i e-mailed every beer importing and selling sites and finally someone got back to me who knew about it.
also brugal rum on other sites but a bit pricey...so give me time and i will find out ;)
i will get back to you with prices and ordering information if everything works out :nervous:

chella

Aug 19, 2004
how much would you pay

would you pay two pound a bottle for presidente?????in the uk.... :ermm:

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Wholesale or retail? If it is a wholesale price it is a bit steep, but by UK standards it is not extortionate if that is the price the punter pays.

Remember the craze for Sol and Corona with a lemon wedged into the neck selling for GBP2.95, sometimes more, depending on how trendy the bar/club/pub? That was as long as 10 years ago!

Please post the details if you have them, I know there are several people here who would appreciate it. At least for special occasions.

Dec 9, 2002
I don't think ?2 a bottle is expensive at all, I am not a great beer drinker but I believe that would be on a par with other popular bottled beers over here - Stella Artois, Budweiser, etc, as well as the other very popular (trendy) alcopops.

I'd certainly be interested in how much Brugal would cost - I'm getting tired of sneaking a suitcase full of it through customs everytime I come back ;)

chella

Aug 19, 2004
here you go......

hello again......

ok the place to get the presidente beer from is PRODUCTOS TROPICALES....
email..... info@productos-tropicales.ch

although im still waiting for him to get back to me with ordering information !!! :nervous:
and you can get dominican rum , coffe and cigars off www.cigarnet.ch which i think is the same people really
not sure of all the prices and i will let you know how i get on with ordering and getting it ;)
so there you go and good luck.....

Drake

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Presidente

Presidente company Leon Jimenez do not export to any country. They usually introduce the beer with a full marketing campaign as thay have done in some cities in the US. I tried to buy a container to send to England but they declined. They usually go for markets where there are many Dominicans living. I would be surprised if you find Presidente beer in th UK.

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
Drake said:
Presidente company Leon Jimenez do not export to any country. They usually introduce the beer with a full marketing campaign as thay have done in some cities in the US. I tried to buy a container to send to England but they declined. They usually go for markets where there are many Dominicans living. I would be surprised if you find Presidente beer in th UK.
What is their purpose for not selling you a container? I thought that their main objective was to sell beer.

MR_DR